cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV Boost

How does this company think its acceptable to charge me £5.00 without even notifying me? I didnt want to pay for this? £5.00 isnt a lot of money, but its the principle. You can't even talk to anyone if you have a question other than this forum

10 REPLIES 10
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Did you take out the trial for cinema and entertainment or sports? 

If so this comes with a week free trial of boost unless cancelled. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Where does it say that anywhere in the promotion? It was £1 per month for 3 months (I'm still within that period) so not sure why that's been taken....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Doesn't say that in the promotion? It was £1 per month for 3 months (still in that promo period). Not sure where £5  comes into the equation with this offer.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

1 month free boost, then £5 for boost unless cancelled.

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Only one month of boost is free.  

32DB87B2-F1D2-4A02-ABD8-0CA9F3117E22.jpeg

Assuming this was the offer, the small print…

3 months Cinema Membership for £1 a month: Offer available to the named recipient of this email only. Offer ends 07/05/2022 at 11:59pm. Membership auto renews at standard price after 3 months unless cancelled (currently: Cinema Membership is £9.99 a month). You can cancel anytime. Not available in conjunction with any other NOW offer. Offer not available to existing members with an active Cinema Membership unless you are in the last 30 days of your offer. Offer not available to existing members currently billed by a third party. One offer code per person, offer code can only be used once. Offer lost if you cancel your membership before the end of the offer period.

1 month NOW Boost for free: Offer available to the named recipient of this email only. Offer ends 07/05/2022 at 11:59pm. Boost auto renews at standard price after 1 month unless cancelled (currently: Boost is £5 a month). Cancel anytime. Not available in conjunction with any other NOW offer. Offer not available to existing members with an active Boost add-on unless you are in the last 30 days of your offer. Offer not available to existing members currently billed by a third party. One offer code per person, offer code can only be used once.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This seems to be a scandalous 'slight of hand' whereby we were 'given' Boost free of charge (on top of our previous monthly subscription)...which didn't really seem to have any impact on my world - didn't even notice the apparently massive benefits.....and now we 're being held to ransom to pay another £5 per month (which DOUBLES my subscription cost) to keep these features....otherwise they are removed, and we have to live with reduced number of simultaneous devices, no HD, no 5:1 sound, and also have to have Ads. What the Heck??? This is modern day piracy. Shame on you NowTV. No loyalty for your existing, long-term customers. Disgraceful.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Whilst I share your frustration about 5.1 and 1080p not being standard, as for adverts our beloved Netflix is going to be adding adverts, Disney have already said they will be doing from next year. Discovery+ now has adverts.

Even Paramount+ has indicated the possibility of adverts being added at some point.

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

If you cancel Boost, you will get a retention offer.  Normally £2/month for 3 months.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm not sure that a retention offer is still being made...