cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV APP NOT AVAILABLE

So I was thinking of taking out a subscription for NOW TV as I read COUNTLESS TIMES that I could watch/use the app on my LG smart TV.

I took out a month's subs and now I find out I can't because the app ISN'T THERE.

Absolute &*%()*&%)(%& waste of time and money.

REALLY annoyed. 

ON TOP OF THIS, I CAN'T EVEN POST THIS MESSAGE UNLESS I CHOOSE A CODE THAT'S NOT EVEN RELEVANT! WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP THIS SITE IS!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here Lucy.

Hisence smart TV. Now TV  app not supported. Virgin media box again not supported. 

Family kept asking for Now Tv so we could all watch it on the big telly together. Guess we could all gather around my phone and watch it on the 5" screen.

Support is sh*t. Why not buy a now Tv box or dongel? No thanks i do not have this problem with Netflix or Prime. 

Cancelled 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

What device were you trying to watch it on? 

Check the following the link for a list of acceptable devices.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

"So I was thinking of taking out a subscription for NOW TV as I read COUNTLESS TIMES that I could watch/use the app on my LG smart TV."

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hey, the reference @gavs82008 kindly gave you says ‘selected LG smart TVs’, so I guess LG make a range of these, and your individual model number will shed more light on this.

But you say you can’t find the app on the TV; that may well be the case, but have you looked in the App Store on your TV to see if it is present there, and available for free download onto the TV?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Just to add a couple of points:-

NowTV offer you a week’s free trial of any Pass precisely so that you can find out if you can benefit from it or not, before you spend any money.

i know you feel frustrated, but please don’t take it out on those trying to help you, especially on a weekend. Unless a post indicates that the poster is a NowTV staffer, we are just customers like yourself, trying to help fellow-customers with their initial difficulties.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes I've done all that, and insofar as I can see, we have the required model, so I guess I'll just admit defeat and not bother, and find a more user friendly TV subscriptiono service instead. Probably Netflix or Prime.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here Lucy.

Hisence smart TV. Now TV  app not supported. Virgin media box again not supported. 

Family kept asking for Now Tv so we could all watch it on the big telly together. Guess we could all gather around my phone and watch it on the 5" screen.

Support is sh*t. Why not buy a now Tv box or dongel? No thanks i do not have this problem with Netflix or Prime. 

Cancelled 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I hope you are going to tell your family that you are depriving them of NowTV because after shelling out for a budget TV without checking that the service they all wanted was available on it, you decline to spend the £15 it would cost to add a NowTV stick and make it available for them?

But I see you can get ‘How the Grinch Stole Christmas’ on Prime (at extra cost) so the move away from NowTV won’t be all bad.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB

No they won't miss out. 

Just paid £10 for an IPTV service all sky TV movie channels and much more.

Just watched "I am legend" in stunning 4k

Something Now TV cannot match.

Have a great Xmas.

My time is done here. 

Off to watch The Muppets.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You mentioned virgin box. This setup is completely different than BT TV. Sky and Virgin have contracts in place for channel sharing. 

So the only channel that Virgin does not get which Sky/Now TV offers is Sky Atlantic. 

Considering Now TV has literally only just got 1080p you'd be off your head to expect to see 4K anytime soon.

Plus Netflix you have to shell out £11.99 to watch it in 4K and Amazon Prime does not have many free 4K titles. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help