cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Month Sports pass using voucher

As I understand it, it seems that if I buy a month pass in my account (for £33.99), it starts immediately; on the back of the voucher I bought from Argos (for £25) is says it expires 30 days after I start watching.

Please could anyone confirm that I am reading it correctly - the difference between buying a month sports pass in a high street store or through the website - a store month voucher works like the day or week passes that are activated on first view, but account purchased passes start straight away?

I don't want to activate the voucher until I start watching (Bahrain F1 on Saturday 30th) because I want to be able to watch the Azerbaijan race on 28th April.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I think it's only the first two races of the season which will be shown on Sky One and maybe the British F1 race, but the British GP is going to be also shown on Channel 4 live as well.

I am pretty sure the month voucher if you applied it on the 30th of March will expire on the 30th of April (might be wrong mind).

Scratching off the voucher card code doesn't actually start the one month voucher pass.

When you are ready to activate the voucher i.e. say for example the 30th of March, then go to My Account > Passes & Vouchers whilst on here where you should see a green apply voucher button next to where the month sports pass is located.

Once you click on the green appply voucher button a box will appear where you need to type in the code on the gift card to start the voucher pass.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

The other alternative is to buy a month entertainment pass as this has the next two GPs on Sky One and save a few quid.

There are also a couple of Premier games I'd like to watch so maybe I'll risk it.

Do the vouchers re-new in the same way as buying on-line?

Monthly passes renew.  Doesn't matter if they are vouchers.  Of course, when you cancel it is highly likely that Now TV will make you an offer you can't refuse such as £20/month for next 3 months.

Daily/Weekly passes expire.  And you often get an email in the following days for a discounted month pass.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you "stack"  30 day retail vouchers from month 2 they automaticly become "28 day months" loosing day 1 and day 30 due to both days become chargeable. So cancel each month and do not aply your "next" card until after the previouse card has expired! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks all, some interesting comments there.

I had planned a spreadsheet with all the GPs on, and the relevant dates. By using a month pass to get 3 races in, cancelling and then waiting a week or 2 until the next group of 3 I worked it out that I could use 4 month passes, a couple of week passes and a couple of day passes in total, allowing for the British GP on C4, and I'm on holiday for the French. Total of about £150 for the season.

September is a close call, it's a 5 week month with 4 race weekends, 31st August to 29th September. Which is why the 30/31 day duration was questioned. If only we could record...

I'm going to look at the dates to see if I can save a bit more with my current entertainment pass as Bahrain is on SkyOne, as it expires on 5th April. 

The advantage of the Sports Pass is that both qualifying and the race are repeated straight afterwards so if I'm not available for the full race I can watch it shortly after.

Finally, the C4 highlights deal with Sky allows a maximum of 50% of the program to be track action, so there's only 30 minutes of actual racing being shown. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

...and right on cue, NowTV have sent me a promotion to get a month for £20! 

I'm glad I asked about the start date, as I was intending to ass the pass before Saturday, expecting it to need activating. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly the same here! I'm now debating whether to activate today for qually or play it safe and leave it until tomorrow.

I'd like to watch qually though

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Today is 30th. Azerbaijan race is on the 28th. That's well within the 30/31 day timeframe for monthly passes (depending on which T&Cs you read) so qually shouldn't be an issue. It's a 3.00pm start, the full repeat is at 5.00pm (with no spoilers!).

Tomorrow the race is 4.10 with the full repeat at 7.00.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

One further point (previously mentioned in the thread) is that qually and the race are being shown (live only) on Sky One, I could have watched it with my entertainment pass (still in Morrison's at £10 for 2 months) but I will be watching the 5pm repeat this afternoon; what is not certain is how many races will be shown on Sky One after the first couple.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was informed on another forum that Sky One has the first three races, but don't take that as 100%

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've seen that about 3 races too but only on a forum post, I couldn't find anything on the main Sky Sports site.

I've had another look at the T&Cs for end of month sign up for 30/31 days, it looks like the number of days change with the number of days in the month. That said, my original query was about a pass bought in a shop which explicitly states 30 days, not for when the pass is bought on the website. 

Got one of our Month Passes? When a shorter month comes around, your payment date will be moved to the last day of the month.

All future payments will then be taken on this day of the month too.

starman73
Elite

@Anonymous User wrote:

I've seen that about 3 races too but only on a forum post, I couldn't find anything on the main Sky Sports site.

I've had another look at the T&Cs for end of month sign up for 30/31 days, it looks like the number of days change with the number of days in the month. That said, my original query was about a pass bought in a shop which explicitly states 30 days, not for when the pass is bought on the website. 

Got one of our Month Passes? When a shorter month comes around, your payment date will be moved to the last day of the month.

All future payments will then be taken on this day of the month too.

You are better off applying it today (30th) rather than tomorrow (31st) especially if you accept a rentention offer like I did.  29th only matters in February.

This is what mine says after I applied pass this morning

Sky Sports Month Pass
Your offer starts in 31 days.
You've got a ticket to all 11 Sky Sports channels. Regular price £33.99 a month

Offer starts on:30 Apr 2019

Offer ends on:30 Jul 2019

Your next payment is:£20.00

Due on:30 Apr 2019

If I applied tomorrow, offer would still end on 30 Jul 2019.

That written, there is nothing I want to watch today!  But I may take a sneaky look at the second half of Fulham v Man City.