cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Month Sports pass using voucher

As I understand it, it seems that if I buy a month pass in my account (for £33.99), it starts immediately; on the back of the voucher I bought from Argos (for £25) is says it expires 30 days after I start watching.

Please could anyone confirm that I am reading it correctly - the difference between buying a month sports pass in a high street store or through the website - a store month voucher works like the day or week passes that are activated on first view, but account purchased passes start straight away?

I don't want to activate the voucher until I start watching (Bahrain F1 on Saturday 30th) because I want to be able to watch the Azerbaijan race on 28th April.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I think it's only the first two races of the season which will be shown on Sky One and maybe the British F1 race, but the British GP is going to be also shown on Channel 4 live as well.

I am pretty sure the month voucher if you applied it on the 30th of March will expire on the 30th of April (might be wrong mind).

Scratching off the voucher card code doesn't actually start the one month voucher pass.

When you are ready to activate the voucher i.e. say for example the 30th of March, then go to My Account > Passes & Vouchers whilst on here where you should see a green apply voucher button next to where the month sports pass is located.

Once you click on the green appply voucher button a box will appear where you need to type in the code on the gift card to start the voucher pass.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

With the day & week NowTV sports pass you can save it on your account for up to a year.

Should you buy a NowTV month sports pass via the NowTV website it will start straight away.

With a NowTV one months sports pass gift card from Argos it will not be activated until you apply the voucher code on your account.

So if you don't want to start the gift card voucher until the 30th of March, then wait until the 30th of March to apply the voucher code to your account, where it should then expire on the 30th of April.

Just remember to cancel the sports pass before the 30th of April if you don't want the pass to auto renew after the 30th of April where you will be paying £33.99 per month unless you cancel.

If you have a Nowtv Entertainment pass i believe the live qualifying and live race of the Bahrain F1 GP is also available on Sky One according to the Sky TV guide planner and maybe keep the voucher until next F1 race.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply, schnapps

Given your status within the community I am happy to accept your answer, and that also brings up a new option to me. I had no idea Sky One showed the F1 - I wonder if that's part of the new contract with F1; as it's no longer on free to view TV then maybe that's a compromise? As I only watch qualifying and the race then I've no reason to get a Sports pass, the entertainment pass is far cheaper (£10 for 2 months at Morrisons). 

I have been watching Sky Sports for the last 18 months on a TalkTalk offer, which has finished so I was expecting this £25/month voucher offer to be the best option.

The (very) small print on the back of both my week and month vouchers is identical; 'the viewing period ends 7/30 days after you start  watching'. That's why I asked for clarification. The website says if I buy a month pass on the website it auto renews on the same date each month.

March is a 31 day month so I expected the voucher's 30 days to end on the 29th if I start it on the 30th.

Still confused, after studying a spreadsheet to work out exact dates and day/week/month Sport passes it looks like I don't need one! and I'v only just scratched off the code panel so it can't go back.

I've gone on a bit, sorry.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I think it's only the first two races of the season which will be shown on Sky One and maybe the British F1 race, but the British GP is going to be also shown on Channel 4 live as well.

I am pretty sure the month voucher if you applied it on the 30th of March will expire on the 30th of April (might be wrong mind).

Scratching off the voucher card code doesn't actually start the one month voucher pass.

When you are ready to activate the voucher i.e. say for example the 30th of March, then go to My Account > Passes & Vouchers whilst on here where you should see a green apply voucher button next to where the month sports pass is located.

Once you click on the green appply voucher button a box will appear where you need to type in the code on the gift card to start the voucher pass.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Scratching the panel voids a return to Argos...Smiley Sad

Thanks again
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Yeah sorry i misread that part of your post and i mistakenly thought you said when you scratch off the code it would automatically start the pass on your account Smiley Embarassed

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm the same boat as I want to time the start of the voucher to cover 3 GPs. Back of the card says 30 days, that's fair enough BUT is it timed down to the minute of activation?

However, nowhere can I find the 100% definitive answer. I'm thinking of missing qualifying this weekend and activate on Sunday to make sure I cover three races. 30 days would take it to 29 April so all good but it would be nice to see qualifying this Saturday: Therefore would this work?

Activate 15.30 Saturday 30 March

Expires 15.29 Sunday 28 April?

The clocks going forward this weekend adds another dimension!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I'm the same boat as I want to time the start of the voucher to cover 3 GPs. Back of the card says 30 days, that's fair enough BUT is it timed down to the minute of activation?

However, nowhere can I find the 100% definitive answer. I'm thinking of missing qualifying this weekend and activate on Sunday to make sure I cover three races. 30 days would take it to 29 April so all good but it would be nice to see qualifying this Saturday: Therefore would this work?

Activate 15.30 Saturday 30 March

Expires 15.29 Sunday 28 April?

The clocks going forward this weekend adds another dimension!

Activate: Saturday 30 March

Renews: Tueday 30 April 00:00  - NOTE - important to note the monthly pass renews, so cancel immediately if you just want one month.

I have read that it is down to the minute, but in my experience that is only for day and week passes.  Also you get a bit of grace on that so it will go on for another 10-15 minutes before the picture is obscured, audio still remains.

Clocks going forward/backwards just means an hour lost/gained overall, would be interesting to experiment with a 24 hour pass to see exactly what happens.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

The website says if I buy a month pass on the website it auto renews on the same date each month.

March is a 31 day month...

The website is correct.  So if you apply the month pass in Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Aug, Oct or Dec you effectively get an extra day.  So I will apply mine on 30 March 🙂

The real reason I am applying mine on 30 March is there are 25 Premier League games from 30 Mar - 29 Apr

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The other alternative is to buy a month entertainment pass as this has the next two GPs on Sky One and save a few quid.

There are also a couple of Premier games I'd like to watch so maybe I'll risk it.

Do the vouchers re-new in the same way as buying on-line?