cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mobile pass

If you take the mobile sports pass for £5.99, has anyone tried casting the mobile feed to a smart TV

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

Sorry, @Anonymous User , but you can’t. With a mobile pass, you can only watch on a supported phone. Casting or, indeed, watching on a tablet would defeat the purpose of a cut-price sports pass. It’s the price it is because of the, severe, limitations on use.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

Sorry, @Anonymous User , but you can’t. With a mobile pass, you can only watch on a supported phone. Casting or, indeed, watching on a tablet would defeat the purpose of a cut-price sports pass. It’s the price it is because of the, severe, limitations on use.

RoyB
Legend

Incorrect placement may lead to poor viewing experience.

Even correct placement will bust your viewing experience back to 4:3 from widescreen 16:9 👀

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User if you have a compatible Android smartphone that has in-built cast functionality, you might be able to use this with say, a Chromecast even if the NOW TV app doesn't have native cast abilities. I've not tried this with NOW myself, but I used to do this with the F1 TV app which doesn't support casting at all, so I would mirror my phone in landscape whilst a race was on.

Yet, you could 'mirror' your screen using the in-built cast functionality whilst a match is playing? Might be worth giving it a go.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User now TV detects screen mirroring through Google Home/3rd party apps and stops playback.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

And who has the information on what classifies as a smartphone?

I have a Samsung Galaxy 10 and it doesnt work.

Tried it on my sons Huawei and it doeant work.

Do I need a Nokia 2110?