cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

McDonalds win voucher Sky Pass - 5 month sports mobile

Hi,

I  recently got an instant win of a Now Tv pass from McDonalds and got it all setup. I chose the 5 months Sports mobile pass as it was going to work out great for my time I do travelling around. However, I tried to watch some of the live matches for Euro 2020 qualification, and it kept on saying I don't have the right pass for this device, I need to buy a day pass. Why is this happening? It's allowing me to watch skysportsnews but no other channels. 

A response would be great.

Thank you.

12 REPLIES 12
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The Euro Football Qualifiers are on the Sky Sports Main Event & Sky Sports Football channel.

Unfortunately with a NowTV mobile sports pass on your smartphone you don't get these two above channels Smiley Sad

You get 5 number Sky Sports channels only with the mobile pass which are Sky Premier League, Sky Action, Sky Arena, Sky Racing and Sky Sports News.

More info here about the different NowTV sports passes.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/sky-sports-day-week-month-pass

If you are not getting the other 4 Sky Sports channels apart from Sky Sports News, have you got any other NowTV active passes such has entertainment, cinema, kids or hayu or have you purchased a sports day or week pass in the last 30 days ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve just recieved one of them and I’ve tried clicking on all the channels and it keeps saying I need to buy one 

starman73
Elite

@Anonymous User wrote:

I’ve just recieved one of them and I’ve tried clicking on all the channels and it keeps saying I need to buy one 

What are you trying to watch on? Only works on mobile phones. Not iPads or tablets or anything else.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Please try opening from the Now TV app and that should work.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also won a pass for NOW TV on McDonald's Monopoly which I redeemed as 5 months worth of Sky Sports free.

Despite the voucher showing on my account and all seeming OK, I could not get it to work on either my Samsung or HTC using their built in internet browsers or Google Chrome, nor through any other means suggested by NOW TVs helpdesk or forums. Whatever I tried to watch a pop up would then appear saying I had to select and still pay for either a daily, weekly or monthly pass.

THE SOLUTION? For me anyway; download the NOW TV app from the Play Store and watch via this instead. Very simple and seems to be working as expected.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also won a pass for NOW TV on McDonald's Monopoly which I redeemed as 5 months worth of Sky Sports free.

Despite the voucher showing on my account and all seeming OK, I could not get it to work on either my Samsung or HTC using their built in internet browsers or Google Chrome, nor through any other means suggested by NOW TVs helpdesk or forums. Whatever I tried to watch a pop up would then appear saying I had to select and still pay for either a daily, weekly or monthly pass.

THE SOLUTION? For me anyway; download the NOW TV app from the Play Store and watch via this instead. Very simple and seems to be working as expected.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the same issue. I've followed your suggestion and now it works. Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still not working for me, even on the app.

Sorry, trying to access it online and not the app!