cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

McDonald's Monopoly "Free" 3 months pass

I recently won one of your "free" 3 months passes from a monopoly sticker at McDonalds. I set up and account with bank details etc, but when clicking finished it showed the same page with an error message saying payment was not authorised. Now I purposely moved my money from my main account into my savings account as I've read many posts of people being charged for "free" stuff and living pay check to pay check I don't just give my money away like that.
I was just wondering why Now tv was trying to take money from my account for "free" passes. It was a new account that I was creating so I know it had never used any trials or free passes before but it still refused to let me have what I had won without some form of payment. I wanted to know why you are charging for things that are advertised as free when you are clearly treating them as something that is completely opposite of free.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

now tv takes 30p to validate card and address and other details and it is refunded straightaway
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User when you set up a pass you are setting up a subscription. The monopoly sticker is a voucher to give you three months of that free. The system assumes that as you signed up you will want to continue after the 3 months. Hence if you don't wish to, once a voucher is applied, you need to cancel - you will still get the free period. In order to set up a subscription you have to meet certain criteria and the card is used in part to confirm that and in part to allow you to have the subscription.

Screen shot everything once applied and then once cancelled. Also add a payment pin.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just collected my monopoly 3 months free now tv and it's set up fine but won't actually let me watch anything???

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

On what device?

Could it be a YouView Box by any chance, that only has Movies, not the other Passes?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.