cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Login every game when not logged out.

Hello All

New to this so be gentle. Just bought the eleven month Premier league offer for £20 month. Watch it on the Now app on my tv but it seems I have to log in for every game I watch for Now to realise I have an active subscription. Is this normal as I wasn’t expecting this seem as I leave the app logged in. It’s a bit of a faf using the remote to login and takes ages with a long password. Not sure I’m gonna stick with Now.

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Is this happening to all your NOW playback devices that you own or one particular device ?

If it's one device, then can you name the device in question.

I own quite a lot of different NOW playback devices and never had an issue, where all my streaming boxes and Sticks leaves me permanently logged into the NOW App.

Can't remember the last time i had to sign into the NOW App and i have been with NOW for around 7 or 8 years.

From my experience the only time i get signed out of NOW is when using their website to either post on the Community Forum or manage my account.

The only thing i would be tempted to try, is if your playback device or devices have the option to delete and reinstall the NOW App, then try that.

Also if you are using a VPN or Adblocking software, maybe try temporary disabling it to see if it makes any difference.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hello and thanks for your reply. I am average with tech but get around most problems eventually. I have my current subscription on a Samsung TV via the Now app. I also have the app on an I pad and Android phone that I have used in the past to watch single football games with a 24 hr pass.
Am puzzled that when I open the app on the TV that it says I am logged in as **********yet has forgot I have a current subscription. When I enter accounts no current subscriptions are shown, yet when i log out and re log in it then shows my active subscription. Puzzled.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't own a Samsung Smart TV with the native inbuilt NOW App.

Can only suggest the basic stuff like delete the App and download a new version from your TV Apps Store.

Sometimes unplugging the TV power for say 2 minutes at the mains socket fixes things.

Also double check your television firmware is up to date in its general settings.

Do you have the same issue with the iPad and smartphone or do these devices keeps you signed in on the NOW App ? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for your helpful info, have deleted the Now app from my I pad and phone as I don’t use them now anyway. So there will be no conflict between devices now and I will see what happens next time I watch a football match.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Using your iPad or smartphone shouldn't conflict with your account details sign in on your Samsung Smart TV NOW App.

Was you getting the same problem on your iPad and phone or did these devices maintain your account details and you didn't have to log out and log back in to watch a football match ?

Did you try the suggestions that i made on your Samsung Smart TV ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

As a last resort i would be tempted to factory reset your Samsung Smart Television.

Though this would be a pain to setup your television again from scratch.

Should nobody else on the Community Forum have any further ideas or suggestions or encountered this problem before, then maybe get in touch with NOW live chat for further assistance and help.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes I know a factory reset can fix many issues but that’s a whole lot of pain. Would rather bail out of my monthly subscription.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problem solved. If I use the Samsung smart remote to access my sports subscription it opens straight away whereas if I use the ordinary Samsung remote it requires me to log in every time. Baffled as to why this is but happy now that I know. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

That really is puzzling, could be a fault with the app on the TV? 

Perhaps report it to NOW to see if it’s something they can resolve with a fix, you’ll find a link to live chat posted by @schnapps  up thread.

Worst case a TV factory reset might also do the trick. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help