cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is this a scam email?

I just recieved a promotion email about getting the Now TV Stick for free, the email looked very legit and all the links took me to the correct website. I just need someone to clarify whether or not this is a scam or not. 

I stupidly clicked the link and went through with the transaction (something I'd never normally do because I am normally really cautious). I cross-checked all the emails I have received from NowTV when they are advertising something and they all match, apart from this one which is "[email removed]" whereas the others are "[email removed]".

I've seen some posts saying this is a scam, and others claiming it to be real. But I would appreciate an actual employee responding to this just so I know whether to shut an account.

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don’t think it’s a scam email but it’s that exact email that brought me to this forum. I am also quite cautious filling out forms but the website at the top was nowtv and all very legit so I trusted it enough to fill in my information to get my free nowtv stick, however in the email it was because I am a “loyal customer” but when I filled in the information to receive the free stick I was given an error due to the fact i have already used my email address with them??? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I ask what the outcome of this was please? My parents have just received the same email and i'm getting nowhere with the chat option on here. Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just received the free fire stick promo, as my white box is going out of date apparently. It’s asking for my card details to get this offer, but I need to know if it’s a scam or not, I’m not giving my card details out to anyone. Thanks. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

It's not a scam it's genuine (see this tweet reply from NowTV).

youdoodle-2020-09-02T19-27-56Z.jpg

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

I can assure you that the offer is genuine. As the white box will not work after October 6, Now TV are offering a free stick to anyone who only has a white box, or a reduced price stick to white box users who have some other compatible device.

Hope this he.ps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I hope it isn’t a scam as I ordered the free now tv stick. I think it was legit xx

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi yes, I ended up messaging Now TV direct on twitter and they assured me it was legitimate. My parents received their new stick within a few days of requesting it.