cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is it possible to Transfer an unused Pass?

Hi there, I purchased another two new boxes to replace older models. These came with free entertainment month passes. Now obviously with a monthly paid account, the passes are of little use to me. This in mind with the current lockdown I thought to pass on the vouchers to family members who are in 12-week isolation. However, after they attempted to enter the voucher into their PS4 they received a message popup along the lines of "voucher expired/incompatible" are the vouchers expired or is it impossible to use on a device they were not supplied with?

6 REPLIES 6
starman73
Elite

is it impossible to use on a device they were not supplied with?

No, because you can use it on any device in the account.

The problem is that once the pass from a stick/box is associated with an account it cannot be transferred to another account.  The only way to get these passes on another account is to set the box/stick up with the other account initially. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @starman73 

It was going to be a new setup/account but using the paper scratch off vouchers. Thanks for getting back to me.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Were they paper scratch card vouchers that came with your two new boxes or was the vouchers electronically embedded on the boxes ?

If they was paper scratch card vouchers then these haven't been used in over a year on nowtv boxes bundled with passes and my guess the 12 month shelf life of the vouchers have well expired hence the error code when attempting to apply the voucher to a nowtv account.

Should they have been paper scratch cards voucher codes in the box, where did you buy the boxes from where it sounds like very old stock where you will need to get back in touch with the retailer you bought the boxes from.

Should the boxes have the newer format of electronically voucher codes embedded on them, then if you have already setup and activated the boxes they would have been automatically uploaded to your nowtv account and you won't be able to transfer them.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps ,

Thanks for the reply, yeah it was the paper scratch card type. Surprised they only had a 12-month expiry on them you'd have thought they would have been longer 😟 .  Oh well, nevermind not like I can go down to complain in person and proof of purchase would be an issue after 6 months. Thanks for letting me know. I was just trying to help out my elderly parents with a bit of something different.

Cheers

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If it wasn't for the coronavirus crisis i would have said try your luck with live chat, where sometimes they will give customers a little extra leeway & grace with voucher codes that have expired and provide a new voucher code to use.

Unfortunately live chat is closed for the foreseeable future due to the virus outbreak.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

One of the reasons I thought I'd try the forum first. Difficult time for everyone, everywhere. Oh well stay safe, stay soapy  👍