cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is F1 Season pass available on demand?

Hi there,

I am thinking of purchasing the F1 season pass, but I have a question regarding the availability.

If I buy it, is there a way to watch the races 'on demand'? Meaning, that if I miss the live race time, will I be able to watch the live recording the next day for example, or is it only available on the actual live race time?

The races are often in weird times as well due to timezones.

Thank you, looking forward of a reply.

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

Unfortunately there is no on demand or red button feature for Now TV Sky Sports. 

These features make Now TV a poor substitute for Sky TV in terms of Sports. 

There was a survevy that got sent out last year about possibly introducing on demand, paying for certain channels, 5.1 surround sound, 1080p and streaming on 4 devices. However nothing has come from that survevy. 

I am hoping that some if not all the features will be added in time for Now TV being fully available on BT TV. Not that I have or intend to get BT TV, just these feautres will make Now TV a much more suitable alternative to Sky TV. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

Unfortunatly, @Anonymous User , there is no on-demand for any of the sports channels. As for F1, the races are normally repeated either in full or just highlights later in the day and on following days. Doesn’t mean that the repeats will be a time when you are available watch, however.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your answer.

Do you know if there is a way to record a race from Nowtv, to a set top box for example?

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Short answer no. Long answer, possibly. A couple of years ago, I had limited success using a PS3 outputting a composite signal and a game capture device  (the capture device wouldn’t record protected video from HDMI). It would work for a while, then the NowTV  box would drop back to the menu screen - not a good result if I was in bed asleep at the time. I should point out that I only did this in order to test if it was possible and not to circumvent any copyright issues. I now make time to watch F1, whenever it is on.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh that's a shame.

I think I have to skip the season pass then and just watch whatever streams I might find and highlights on Channel4.

Thanks for the answers.