cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Help with pass

Hi I was wondering if someone could help, I have purchased a pass through cd keys when entering the code it states this offer has now ended. I have contacted cd keys who state I need to take this up with now tv. I am unsure if this is correct as I makes the purchase through them. I am now out of pocket and without a pass 😞 

any help would be appreciated 

11 REPLIES 11
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I was considering buying discounted passes myself from CDkeys and i did ask a senior NowTV Staff Member at the time what happens if their codes do not work on my account.

Where the reply from NowTV was it is at your own risk where CDkeys are not an authorised seller of NowTV vouchers and if the code didn't work, then you need to take this up with the vendor at the point of sale that sold you the voucher.

NowTV said they wouldn't help me, though i have read on the forum that a couple of customers managed to get a replacement code via live chat where i am assuming the live chat adviser who took the webchat call didn't ask the question where did you source the voucher code from and slipped up or maybe was in a generous mood at the time.

Don't know if NowTV policy has changed since i asked the question about 8 months ago and also live chat is closed for the foreseeable future due to coronavirus crisis.

If it was me i would go back to CDkeys and quote them the Consumer Rights Act that the sales contract is with them and not NowTV and ask them for either a replacement voucher code or your money back.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much for your reply I didn’t actually know they were not an authorised seller so I suppose it’s one to take on board for the future. I guess I will keep trying with cd keys. Thank you again

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

This link below should list NowTV's official voucher sellers.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/gift-cards 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am assuming you tried applying the voucher code via the nowtv website ?

Bit of a long shot if you have a NowTV box / Stick or games console go into the NowTV App on your device and under My Account section of the App it should show an option to add a voucher code.

Might be worth a shot if you haven't tried it already, but i doubt it will work.

When you bought the voucher from CDkeys was there any restrictions on the code for example one code only per nowtv account or code must be used before a certain expiry date ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I’ve tried the code but it says offer has now ended. There was no restrictions when I bought it I’ve obviously just been sold a fake code 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi 

I always buy mine online from game they are cheaper then nowtv, I hope you get a refund but just to point out 

there seems to be an issue with passes which started last night/yesturday 17th April, have seen a few posts on here about passes not starting up or wont accept the new codes, I still had a month left on both of mine and last night they both stopped.  I have filled in a complaint form online and have advised the others to do the same hopefully there is someone working to sort out these issues they can't be leaving the site unmanned surely. just in case you do buy a pass from else where and it doesn't work then fill in a complaint form online as it seems to be an issue at this moment in time. If it is the same for everyone then nobodies passes will be working. : (  Good luck

regards Tina stay safe.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just by way of update after a few emails they sent me another code, this one also didn’t work! I sent more firm emails and have now been offered a refund. I know for the future now to only look at the proper sellers for the passes! Just hope I find one that works and it might make my boring Saturday slightly better! Thanks for your help

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Just wondering was the second voucher sent by Cdkeys have the same error message "saying voucher code has ended" when accessing your account on the NowTV website ?

i am also assuming you did try the alternative method of applying the voucher directly on your playback device if you own a NowTV box / Stick or Games Console instead of going to the NowTV website ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi yes I got the same message with this code. I tried the code on the website, I haven’t done it through the stick I’m not sure where I would do that? Thanks