cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hayu pass

I just signed up for now tv using the voucher for entertainment and cinema for £5 for the first month plus free 3 months of hayu but now that I'm signed in its telling me that I don't have a hayu pass ? 

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

When signed in on here and going to My Account > "Passes and Vouchers" does it show all three passes active (i.e entertainment, cinema and Hayu) ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No it doesn't show hayu as a pass. In my confirmation email to signing up it says that I have all 3 passes (entertainment, cinema and hayu) 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

When you created the new account for the Hayu offer, did you have a previous older nowtv account ?

I am guessing you have logged into your nowtv account with the same email address that you got the nowtv email confirmation from saying you have the Hayu offer ?

I don't think this is relevant because you said that on the email it mentions that the entertainment, cinema and Hayu passes kick in straight away but i know some nowtv offers in the past that nowtv email the voucher code 24 to 48hrs after you sign up to the deal offer.

Perhaps try live chat for further assistance (see link page below for contacting live chat).

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices