cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have I been Scamed ?

Somebody has been offering a free Cinema voucher, Is it a scam ?

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Was it a person on the forum in this link thread below ?

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Offers-Vouchers/1-month-sky-cinema-giveaway/m-p/527392#M6492 

Or was it a person over on the HotUK Deals website that was giving away free one month cinema voucher codes about two or three days ago ?

Or was it something else ?

If you was sent a code starting with NOW********* then i doubt it was a scam unless under the private message you had to click on some sort of link or give out your personal information such has email address, bank card details etc.

Sometimes the NOW******** codes don't work if they was a freebie and you need to get back in touch with the person who sent you the code or write it off because it was a freebie in the first place.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps 

Yes it was from forum member ( the link you posted ) Do you think It is a scam, It started with NOW I applied it, Then after I thought is it some kind of scam, Felling worried

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you was sent a PM with just a code starting with NOW and nothing else and it was successfully applied to your account when you manually applied the code, then it sounds legit to me and i would thank the generous person that give you the code.

Should the code not work or you can't apply the code for any reason to your account, then because it was a freebie, NowTV customer service will not be able to help you and you may as well write it off.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@@Anonymous User @

I have sent you PM. Don't worry it's not a scam. 🙂

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @schnapps  @Anonymous User 

Well Guys

I believe Cher has every reason to be sceptical and cautious, because we all know that the "world and his wife" are trying rip us all off, especially if we are gullible enough to let them.  Plus, as technology continually moves on, the scammers are always on the look out for new and innovative ways to ply their lucrative trade.

However, this time it's all good but keep your guard up.

Sceptical Bob (aka UK Bob)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User @schnapps 

Hi Guys 

Thanks for your reply @schnapps  and your private message @Anonymous User 

The Voucher has been applied but I got a little paranoid and thought Oh god what if it had been some kind of scam 😞  Its the times we live in but some things are legit 🙂

Sorry for any offence as I am very pleased with my Month Cinema Pass, Thank you 🙂