cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has anyone ever actually received their £50 new broadband customer voucher?

I signed up for NowTV broadband on 30th August, nearly 4 months ago and I STILL haven't received the £50 voucher I was promised as part of the deal. 

I signed-up via a promotion on Money Saving Expert. I chose the Tesco voucher, but there were options for other stores (e.g. Marks & Spencer, John Lewis) and I believe the deal was promoted via other money comparison websites as well. 

I have never got any response from the company that was supposed to be sending out the vouchers but NowTV have told me that they were now sending these out manually because this company wasn't doing its job! I have copies of several emails and web chats, all of which keep saying I have to wait a little longer. I have submitted a formal complaint. I have reported the problem to Money Saving Expert. I have read several other messages on this forum from people who are also still waiting for their promised voucher. 

The last email I had from NowTV promised that the voucher would finally arrive by 18th December. It hasn't (it's now 20th December - my broadband contract started on 30th August) - and now I am not even getting replies to my emails asking where it is. 

Has anyone actually received their £50 voucher?? Was this all a scam from the beginning or has anyone got any advice for how to actually get hold of the voucher we were promised??

Thanks 

25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous User
Not applicable
MSE is the Martin Lewis web site “Money Saving Expert”. They recommended this service back in August 2018.

You can get hold of NOW by logging into your account where you will find a complaints option. The more of us that do this the better . I have just had a live chat and proposed an easy cop out for them - credit my account with £50.00 and I’ll drop my claim for compensation for wasting my time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just had a live chat and they seemed quite helpfull. They say that the fault lies with the third party service like MSE. Here is a copy of their reply.

This is Now Tv

That is completely incorrect, when signing up through the affiliate site it would have been in their terms & conditions that it would be issued by them only. There is nothing in your contract with us that states that we will issue the voucher as we cant do that.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Thanks. They have never mentioned this to me. Do you know who the affiliates are? If that is the case, NOW should sort it as it is their service and reputation that these people represent. Now being owned by SKY should take responsibility.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I fear they have misinformed you.  I'll bet you still have not received your voucher.and you nwill not it'sa blatent scam to flease all of us.  The last time I rang them they put me through to SKY who own them to only try to sell me a fibre service in my area where there is no fibre.  What a load of scum bags

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well, that was partly the reason I joined and I haven't received mine yet. I recently joined NowTV and I wasn't expecting it straight away but judging by the wait others are experiencing is little a concerning and I doubt I'm going to see mine either now. Perhaps BBC's Watchdog can also help investigate this problem we face?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes I think that’s the way to go. I will not be renewing. The sky guy was not complementary about NOW and was only hell bent on selling me a fibre service for a lot more money that does not exist in the sticks where I live. Both are con merchants.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I went onto live chat and had a rather heated debate with a nice Indian man. He told me that the price comparason site were to blame. I informed him that my contract was with Now and that it was their image at risk. I never expected anything but lo and behold 5 days later I got the voucher.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Did you actually speak to him or was it on their live chat please
Anonymous User
Not applicable

They told me this too.  So I went onto Compare the Market's livechat to ask them and they stated that it is not up to them to issue vouchers and the only offers they have to purchase through them are the meerkat offers (obviously).  It's also obvious that they are lying because how would so many different comparison sites and MSE be responsible for issuing THEIR sign up offer.  They have made me so angry!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I phoned them at the begining of the week, was told I'd get an email today about my vouchers, I've had nothing yet 😞