cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has anyone ever actually received their £50 new broadband customer voucher?

I signed up for NowTV broadband on 30th August, nearly 4 months ago and I STILL haven't received the £50 voucher I was promised as part of the deal. 

I signed-up via a promotion on Money Saving Expert. I chose the Tesco voucher, but there were options for other stores (e.g. Marks & Spencer, John Lewis) and I believe the deal was promoted via other money comparison websites as well. 

I have never got any response from the company that was supposed to be sending out the vouchers but NowTV have told me that they were now sending these out manually because this company wasn't doing its job! I have copies of several emails and web chats, all of which keep saying I have to wait a little longer. I have submitted a formal complaint. I have reported the problem to Money Saving Expert. I have read several other messages on this forum from people who are also still waiting for their promised voucher. 

The last email I had from NowTV promised that the voucher would finally arrive by 18th December. It hasn't (it's now 20th December - my broadband contract started on 30th August) - and now I am not even getting replies to my emails asking where it is. 

Has anyone actually received their £50 voucher?? Was this all a scam from the beginning or has anyone got any advice for how to actually get hold of the voucher we were promised??

Thanks 

25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I been waiting well over 3 months was told the same I get before 18 Dec but still nothing 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

good luck.  customer service is rubbish also

Anonymous User
Not applicable

same here have you heard anything yet? I'm a new customer and was just looking into why i haven't received mine yet 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No Its a scam by NOW.  I joined the broadband service in August and have been chasing constantly. They keep fobbing me off with they are very busy and I will get it soon.  This has been the situation for months.  I do not believe that it takes 6 months to sort it out.  I will be refering the case to Oftel as the only reason I signed up with NOW was cost based and the voucher (£50.00 John Lewis voucher).  

I would be interested if anyone has axtually received a voucher!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Would anybody have contact details for the appropriate agency to contact and report this. This is an obvious case of mis-selling and therefore illegal. I find it hard to believe that a company the size of Sky would allow this to carry on. The fact that there has been no contact makes matters worse. My last comment on this was removed, so somebody is reading them!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I think it’s a scam. Report it to Oftel
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also joined in August and  was finally promised my John Lewis voucher by 8th December. I think it is a scam as I have contacted the 6 times and on each occassion be given the same story as you have.  It is impossible that they cannot sort this problem in six months.

@Anonymous User wrote:

I signed up for NowTV broadband on 30th August, nearly 4 months ago and I STILL haven't received the £50 voucher I was promised as part of the deal. 

I signed-up via a promotion on Money Saving Expert. I chose the Tesco voucher, but there were options for other stores (e.g. Marks & Spencer, John Lewis) and I believe the deal was promoted via other money comparison websites as well. 

I have never got any response from the company that was supposed to be sending out the vouchers but NowTV have told me that they were now sending these out manually because this company wasn't doing its job! I have copies of several emails and web chats, all of which keep saying I have to wait a little longer. I have submitted a formal complaint. I have reported the problem to Money Saving Expert. I have read several other messages on this forum from people who are also still waiting for their promised voucher. 

The last email I had from NowTV promised that the voucher would finally arrive by 18th December. It hasn't (it's now 20th December - my broadband contract started on 30th August) - and now I am not even getting replies to my emails asking where it is. 

Has anyone actually received their £50 voucher?? Was this all a scam from the beginning or has anyone got any advice for how to actually get hold of the voucher we were promised??

Thanks 

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have reported this issue to MSE and they have replied saying that I will get the voucher soon!!!!. That is what NOW have been telling me since November. It is a blatant scam we should all ask for a £50.00 credit to our accounts and never renew with these con merchants.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What is MSE? Does anybody have contact details for Now Tv. What are you meant to do if you have a problem with your broadband. Surely this scam is illegal and somebody should be held accountable.