cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has any one received a free six month free extension to their subscription ?

Latest issue of Webuser magazine has a letter regarding cancelling subscription to NowTV, which the reader had secured a discounted subscription, but also mention that was in addition to six months free subscription added due to the Coronavirus.

Has any one received this six month free extension to their subscription ?

Screenshot_20200715-081829.png

9 REPLIES 9
SweetBlitz
Expert 3

I doubt this is wholly genuine.  I have had offers of £1.60/month and even 3 months free on cancellation, but not 6 months.

Also why would you pay £1.60/month and then have six additional months added?

And the letter mentions direct debit which cannot be used with Now TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got a free 6 months on the movie package. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just got a free month of Hayu 😳

I have a week sports pass, so wanted trial of boost to go alongside it. However as I had a trial on all other passes so I added a week trial of hayu to get the week of boost (odd because boost does not work with hayu). When i cancelled I got my free month of hayu. I took it up, but then thought better of it and cancelled as I might end up paying if I forget.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User how did you get the free six months?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just noticed it in my account.  My voucher was supposed to end in June but then it was saying it won't end until December. I didn't get any notification about this it just appeared. 

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User you've said in another thread you're having problems with a free 6 month pass from an insurance company. It's it possible you or the NowTV system has mixed up the passes when applying them and have applied it to movies instead?

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Offers-Vouchers/I-cancelled-a-previous-voucher-but-can-t-add-a-new-one/m-p/535131

Apart from offers given by third parties like the insurance offer, I've never been offered a free 6 month retention deal and you'd be hard pushed to find any of the long term users who have.

To add to what @SweetBlitz has said, there's no direct debit, retention deals are only offered once (you won't get another screen offering ever lower offers) and as far as I'm aware the only extensions for coronavirus were offered to those of us who had prepaid for 10 months of sport - which was at most a 2 month extension.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Well I got an extension and it had nothing to do with my insurance offer. It just appeared a month ago out of the blue. Maybe it was a mistake by the administration team but I'm not complaining. One tip - try cancelling your package. Click through and sometimes you'll get a free 3 months added. That happened to me some months ago.
SweetBlitz
Expert 3

One tip - try cancelling your package. Click through and sometimes you'll get a free 3 months added.

You might be offered three months, but you don’t necessarily get it...

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Offers-Vouchers/3-months-of-Sky-Cinema-FREE-NOT/m-p/509018#M4079

RoyB
Legend

@SweetBlitz 

The usual cheerful disregard for the more subtle points of NOWTV’s T&Cs (until they bite, that is) has probably led this customer to describe the Continuous Payment Authority that is the continuing subscription you set up from a debit or credit card as a Direct Debit.

The effects of either, though, are not that far apart, until you try to cancel or you get into a dispute with NowTV.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.