cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HD boost a cheek

Is it not a bit of a cheek to charge extra when other services has been offering 1080p as standard for years? should we really have to pay extra to get rid of the lag on the sports

27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep, 100% a cheek. Now TV entertainment is the same price as the Netflix HD package. Amazon pumps out 4K content at this price.

It's sky though, so we should expect nothing less.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV entertainment is the same price as the Netflix HD package

Depends on what you pay for them. I pay £5.99 for Premium Netflix, but nowt for Now Entertainment.    I would pay £1.60/month for Now Entertainment if the retention offer worked...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Haven't really been paying attention to what Boost actually is (not sure if I've had any emails), but for long-time customers that have asked for 1080p and 5.1 for years as we've watched prices rise and then asked for another subscription ... I'm a bit lost for words. I guess we're lucky we haven't had to pay extra for the subtitles (which are still don't differentiate between speakers) ...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

for long-time customers that have asked for 1080p and 5.1 for years as we've watched prices rise and then asked for another subscription 

I have been so long-time I saw them fall from £15 for Sky Movies and £15 for the day pass.  The prices these days are lower than ever in truth with all the email and retention offers.  As little as £4/month for cinema & entertainment.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not everybody gets discounts, is there an easy way to get them?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not everybody gets discounts, is there an easy way to get them?

Yes.  Start here https://www.nowtv.com/offers

£20 Sports pass. With Six Nations starting this weekend, Now TV have a discounted sports pass to tempt you away from watching free sport on BBC and ITV. Get it today and get 2 extra days cos only 29 days next month.

Other passes are mainly for new customers (though sometimes for existing customers) so other tips

1. Cancel passes in last month; you nearly always get a retention offer
  2. Allow Now TV to send you marketing emails, so if you don’t get the retention offer and cancel they make you an offer you can’t refuse within days
  3. Look out for free passes online like b&M stores at end of last year. Curry also sent me a free month cos I bought a PC there
  4. Look out for promotions from Pringles, Gillette, Carling, PS Plus etc.
  5. Buy sticks with passes when sales and Black Friday is on, often cheaper than the passes
Anonymous User
Not applicable

£9.99 for watching today's Man.u game is reasonable, as I don't want sky sports full time. The picture is far from great and it lags and blurrs all over the place. I've got sky fibre, so my Internet is not the issue. 

So to charge an extra £3 for a picture that quite frankly I should already be receiving is taking the ######. OK so a monthly subscription should cost a little more but not a day pass. 

Hooba
Scholar 3

Picture fine for me for Liverpool Man U. But no 5.1 audio. Still getting 5.1 on movies though. Just me? Using Now TV stick.