cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HD boost a cheek

Is it not a bit of a cheek to charge extra when other services has been offering 1080p as standard for years? should we really have to pay extra to get rid of the lag on the sports

27 REPLIES 27
nickmorc
Expert 2

Entertainment is £8.99 for Now Tv without HD.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@nickmorc 

As pointed out by others 720p is semi-HD, whereas 1080p is true HD. 

Either way non HD Boost entertainment picture quality is far better than ITV hub of which does not offer HD. All 4 is working on it and is HD (most likely 720p) on Roku devices as we speak.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
nickmorc
Expert 2

To be fair, I tried the boost and yes there was a difference. However since cancelling, I find i am quite happy with the semi hd. 

Now Apple Tv plus is a different kettle of fish. The content in HDR is spot on.

starman73
Elite

Has anyone ever paid £8.99/month for entertainment? I currently have it for nowt thanks to b&m offer and when I cancelled I got it for £1.60/month for 3 months.

Allied to that the boost at £3/month is better than Netflix and Prime

PS - for the record I have been offered £4.80/month for 3 months for cinema, but have a voucher I need to use. So £9.40/month in total.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Technically it would be Entertainment and Cinema combined to get a similar content offering as Netflix. 

So it would be £8.99 for Entertainment and £11.99 for Cinema costing £20.98 without any offers. Both of which offer 720p without the HD Boost. 

Whereas Netflix basic at £5.99 is standard definition capping at 480p, then as @RoyB  pointed out £8.99 for HD offering at 1080p. 

The boost is effectively doing the same thing as Netflix by upping the picture to true 1080p rather than 720p. Also it provides an additional stream, much like the "standard" gives you an extra stream compared to the basic. 

Personally I wouldn't be surprised to see Now TV if it ever offered UHD it would come at an additional cost of most likely another £3 or perhaps £5 on top of the HD Boost, or a separate "Boost" altogether. It is Sky owned after all!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Wow, you're right. So to be equal to Netflix at the moment, you to need for
fork out £20.98 + £3.00 for HD upgrade. Even the 4K Netflix is only £11.99
per month. Again I will say that Sky must think we are either very stupid
or completely ignorant about the rest of the streaming world...
starman73
Elite

..equal to Netflix at the moment, you to need to fork out £20.98 + £3.00 for HD

No one is paying £25/month. That's just the rack rate.  Always an offer to avail of. No offers on prime nor netflix and they have removed free trial on netflix.

Most I have paid for entertainment in last 12 months is £3.20/month and no more than £4/month for cinema. Also no more than £13/month for Sports.

I reckon the majority of Now TV subscribers pay no more than £100/annum.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Starman, how do you get the sports channels for £13 a month please? Best I can get is the £20 special offer they give when you cancel.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Check your information again 😛

Even though it reinforces your point, NowTV Entertainment is now £8.99 also.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RoyB 

Indeed I was merely stating to @Anonymous User to have a similar type of content as Netflix both Entertainment and Movies passes would need to be purchased hence the £20.98 at full price.

Plus to watch in 1080p it would be the extra £3, totaling £23.98, that being said who pays full price for their passes anyway!?