cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HD boost a cheek

Is it not a bit of a cheek to charge extra when other services has been offering 1080p as standard for years? should we really have to pay extra to get rid of the lag on the sports

27 REPLIES 27
KH
Mentor

What services are offering it for free? 

Matthew1234567
Scholar 3

I for one welcome the system boost and happy to pay just £3 extra

starman73
Elite

Only Prime have it as standard. With Netflix you have to get the standard package which is err £3 more than the basic package. £3 extra seems fair and you get to stream on 3 devices at the same time.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Now TV is owned by Sky. Who also charge £5 ontop of their standard package for HD channels outside of the Freeview bunch. 

So no I do not find it a cheek that Now TV are charging for it. Either way getting HD on Now TV is long overdue, regardless of charging extra for it or not. 

Like @starman73  mentioned that you get a 3rd device that can be used to watch Now TV at the same time. 

Although personally I feel they should be more flexible with the "devices registered" if they are going to allow more streams. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
starman73
Elite

@gavs82008 

Although personally I feel they should be more flexible with the "devices registered" if they are going to allow more streams. 

Totally agree, which is why I have three accounts.

One for Sports that is on my tablet & Now TV sticks; one for Cinema/Entertainment on Mrs. Starman's and junior Starman's tablets and Roku sticks and one for Mobile Sports on phones.

Most likely never more than three streams across them all, but there are at least a dozen devices.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok Netflix 4k hdr and around 18000 titles stream on 4 devices at once and no need to register devices for £11.99 top package, Prime 22000 titles with 4k hdr 2 streams at once and unlimited devices £79 per year. All tv's sold as standard are hd so sky and now tv need to come out of the dino ages and move with the times. Its a joke you need to pay extra so a football stream plays smooth, it should work smooth without it. Anyway plenty of other ways to skin a cat and enjoy sky at a fraction of the cost.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is an absolute joke to charge for 1080 resolution when Netflix and Prime offer it as standard. Even Netflix only charge extra to go 4K. Is Sky smoking something back at base or just think we are complete mugs?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Check your information. Netflix charge £3.00 a month extra for HD.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Apologies, I was comparing nearest package to each other. Standard nowtv
entertainment is 7.99 and standard Netflix is £8.99 which is HD.