cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

GoT season 8

I want to buy a pass to enable me to watch the remaining 6 episodes of GoT season 8, but I am only being offered a free pass for 7 days plus an option to pay £7.99 a month thereafter. How can I access a package that meets my requirements?

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

There are now only three left unshown, so your seven days, plus one paid month at £7.99 will cover this.

And you can watch the first three On Demand under this arrangement also.

Be sure, though, to Cancel during that month (what you are Cancelling is any subsequent months, so you still get all of the month you have paid for).

Or if you really want to nickel-and-dime NowTV, wait until the 15th of May to line up seven free days, Cancel immediately, so you don’t spend a single penny, and binge watch the whole of Season 8, whose finale is on May 20th.*

Make sure you already have a device you can watch it on though; as otherwise you might have to pony up for a NowTV Stick, £19.99 with a two months Entertainment Pass included.

An attractive enough offer; but not, perhaps, one that meets your requirements.

*Though NowTV may already have thought of this. Though if not, they perhaps should, and suspend the free week for a bit, or exclude GoT Smiley Tongue

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks. I have signed up for the 7 day free trial and the month after. I'll remember to cancel unless it proves too good to cancel.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you check the episode list on the wiki you can see that they have only just started airing Season 8 live in the US (HBO channel). The episodes should be available on NowTV on this date (or not long after). 

There are ten episodes to each season, so the last episode on HBO should show around the 16th of June. According to the NowTV episode list all of Season 8 will be on available on NowTV to watch through it's Entertainment package until the 19th of June. All other seasons will be available until the 31st of May.

As with Netflix and other digital services, what is available on NowTV comes and goes as they all need to purchase the rights to have tv programmes available for a set amount of time. GoT is popular, so it may return to NowTV after June, but it may take many months judging by past posts, upon which the show would seem to reappear just before the start of each season.

With NowTV and it's Entertainment package, you would likely need to pay for at least two months after your free week is over, so you can watch throughout May, and the first half of June. 

If you cancel before your week is up and don't want to subscribe to this Entertainment package, on the NowTV stick or box the only other options seem to be the Sky store app, Netflix and Youtube.

The Sky app, like most digital stores, is quite expensive, and only allows the purchase of entire seasons instead of individual episodes. You can see the cost here. If you wanted to use that you would likely have to wait until season 8 was finished showing on standard television.

Similarily if you wanted to purchase episodes through the Youtube app, as they only have Season 1-7 at the moment. I don't know if purchasing digital episodes works with NowTV on it's youtube app, but perhaps someone can verify.  If you can log in to your standard account, then I see no reason why it shouldn't. Netflix is available on NowTV also, but according to the Radio Times Game of Thrones is not available on Netflix at all at the moment, and you would need a Netflix subscription to watch it's content anyway.

In my opinion, cost-wise, instead of purchasing a digital season, they would be better off waiting and getting the bluray or even dvd.

In your case, for just wanting the watch the remaining episodes, I would go for a couple of months with NowTV. You will at least have other tv shows available for your money to watch too until your time is up. Just remember that if you do not want to keep your subscription going you will need to cancel before the next payment is due. If you cancel early to make sure you are not charged after two months, the rest of what you have paid for should still be available to watch.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

edit: didn't see RoyB's post, just noticed they've started to cut it down, now only six episodes

yes, one month should do Smiley Happy