cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Free Entertainment Pass

Hi All

I am currently on holiday in Spain until October 2. I have had an email offering me a free entertainment pass.

When I try to access the pass I get the message ' You can't buy a pass right now'.

I am guessing this is because I am not in the UK. However you can use Now TV for 30 days in Europe.

Does anyone know of a way round this? I would like to access the free pass as my wife is pressuring to buy the entertainment pass for our winter viewing anyway.

5 REPLIES 5
chai
Scholar 3

@Anonymous User

You are probably correct in that your non UK IP location is a security issue for Now TV.

However if you can make use of a VPN to spoof your IP to a UK location, you should be able to then activate the pass.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Chai - thanks for replying.
I have tried the VPN option but it didn’t help.
I think Now TV have blocked VPN use.
It seems a bit unfair you can’t take advantage of a freeby because you’re on holiday.
starman73
Elite

Have to thank Now TV for that bonus free month. I just cancelled with a view to adding a voucher in October. Result!

chai
Scholar 3

@Anonymous User 

I guess Now TV haven't blacklisted every VPN address.

My only other suggestion is that you grab the voucher code from your email (it will be visible in the link address when you click through to the Now TV site) and get someone you trust in the UK to add it to your account.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m having exactly the same problem when clicking through from the email offering a months free trial. I’m in the UK though so maybe it’s a glitch in the email rather than you being abroad? So frustrating!