cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Free Day Sports Pass Problem

Hi,

I've just received an email with a Free days Sport Pass, and when I click the link to activate it, it says "Sorry - that voucher code has expired."  The offer expires on 31/05/19 at 23.59, so I've not missed the deadline??? Any help appreciated, and Thank you in advance. 👊

Paul.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps  @RoyB 

Thanks guys for your replies and time, it was very much appreciated 🙏

NowTV have eventually got in touch, and have said it was down to a technical glitch? They sent me another code which worked perfectly.

Oh, thanks @schnapps  for the link, I think that will come in useful.

Again, than you for your time and patience.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If using a different browser doesn't work when trying to redeem the email link offer and the date and time of your device is set correctly, then i would suggest you contact NowTV live chat for help & assistance.

Link here to live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps,

Thanks for the link to the live chat/contact page. Couldn't  find them this morning for some reason? I've sent them a message, so I'll just hang on and see what happens, fingers crossed.

I just can't pass up on a freebie 🤑

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Hopefully somebody from the NowTV Team will get back to you and sort you out 🤞.

Whilst waiting for a reply from them, when you open the email link for the free one day sports pass in your URL address bar is there a voucher code embeded in the URL (usually it will be a voucher code starting with NOW********** normally 12 to 14 long with a combination of capital letters and numbers).

If there is might be worth copying and pasting it and apply the code manually next to the one day sports pass under My Account > Passes & Vouchers section of your account.

Worth a try if there is a code in the URL address bar link (no guarantee it will work mind).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps 

Thanks for your help and time.

I had already tried to copy & paste the code without success? 

The Free Days Pass was for the first day of the opening day of the Cricket World Cup. Sadly that day came and went, as did the reply to my message to NowTV?

To be honest, I'm getting a little fed up with NowTV? "Licensing Restrictions" On live programs, which mean you set a time to watch a program only to have a blank screen. And catch up series only having the last five or so of new episodes with a watch by date? I want to watch a new series from episode one, not over half way through. And now offering you something, and welching out without a word!

Sorry @schnapps  for going on a bit. I've been with NowTV from when they first started, and they don't seem to be getting any better? The other Christmas I received an email for a month of cinema for free, only to be charged!

Thanks again @schnapps 

NowTV Free Sports Pass.png

RoyB
Legend

I got this offer, and redeemed my voucher with no trouble, in the Mozilla Firefox browser, which just opened NowTV for me to Sign In to, and popped it in to my Redeem area.

I already had a day Sports Pass, and this is sitting ready to be used; all I have to do is open a Sports channel.

But the offer Voucher is still there, so the voucher itself didn’t expire yesterday, just the offer to give you it.

(I mention that it worked for me, by the way, not to annoy or frustrate you, but just to indicate that the offer was operable, and didn’t have some generic problem).

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

After replying to your post on here, i had some spare time and jumped over to the NowTV Twitter feed and noticed quite a few people tweeted to NowTV that the free one day sports pass had expired (so you wasn't alone i am afraid).

The NowTV Twitter Team was referring them to live chat for them to sort out.

Maybe somebody from the NowTV Forum Team can pick up this thread to offer you some assistance on this matter ?

Never encountered a blank screen myself where i tend to use NowTV Boxes over Ethernet which are extremely reliable from my own experience.

With regards to NowTV content leaving their streaming service then it's down to the broadcasting rights agreement in place with the studios.

The more popular TV shows are on a shorter time run (maybe 2 to 3 months) where i am assuming it's down to costs negotiated with the rights holder.

The new latest seasons tend to be on catchup after the episode first airs, normally 30 days or a short term date, again it's down to the agreement in place with the rights holder and i am assuming it's down to money and Sky only have a short time slot exclusivity before the shows are offered to other streaming services.

I do sympathize with new members who join NowTV when a TV show is halfway through it's run and the early episodes on catchup service have already left.

Once you grasp how the NowTV streaming model works with TV shows coming and going, then personally for me it works fine (though like everybody else i would like to see the shows on their service staying longer, but not prepared to pay any extra subscription costs for the privilege mind).

I tend to use this extremely useful website link tool below for seeing what TV boxsets are available on NowTV and when they are scheduled to leave.

http://www.artesea.co.uk/nowtv/

Where new or returning TV shows are coming back to NowTV i get email notifications from the Sky Never Miss Service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps  @RoyB 

Thanks guys for your replies and time, it was very much appreciated 🙏

NowTV have eventually got in touch, and have said it was down to a technical glitch? They sent me another code which worked perfectly.

Oh, thanks @schnapps  for the link, I think that will come in useful.

Again, than you for your time and patience.