cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Heckie
Mentor

Re: Formula 1 £150 offer for 2019?

Thanks for the update. Will be ordering on Saturday.

A bit more than I would have liked, but if it included ALL sports channels, its not too bad.

0 Thanks
Heckie
Mentor

0 Thanks
jhaavi
Mentor

Well guys thanks a lot !! I have an idea that can save some pennies. Nowtv is offering £20 (per month) on skysports instead of £33. This is for next 3 months. So we can go ahead with this to start with and effectively take £195 offer of 9 months starting May 2019 as the F1 is until December this year. This way we can have lengthier subscription and can save some pennies for 2 months :)))
0 Thanks
migdsb
Mentor

> So we can go ahead with this to start with and effectively take £195
offer of 9 months starting May 2019 as the F1 is until December this
year. This way we can have lengthier subscription and can save some
pennies for 2 months ))

I'd advise against doing that as, to my knowledge, Now TV will only keep
the reduced bundle offer for a limited time. This was certainly the
case last year.
0 Thanks
starman73
Expert 2

@jhaavi wrote:
Well guys thanks a lot !! I have an idea that can save some pennies. Nowtv is offering £20 (per month) on skysports instead of £33. This is for next 3 months. So we can go ahead with this to start with and effectively take £195 offer of 9 months starting May 2019 as the F1 is until December this year. This way we can have lengthier subscription and can save some pennies for 2 months :)))

Just take the £20/month offer and when you cancel you will get the same offer for another 2 or 3 months (I always do). Should cover 9 months and save a few more pennies.

Alternatively wait for the £17/month or £13/month offers that come into your email, and take it from there. Likely to come sometime in March for the end of the football season.

0 Thanks
Cat_Seven
Advocate

Could someone please advise as to whether there is any particular disadvantage to watching the Sky F1 coverage via the Now TV option as opposed to subscribing to Sky itself?

What, if anything, do you not get?

To say that I'm happy about paying £195 for nine months viewing of something that was, until fairly recently, free to view would be stretching it but it's certainly more appealing than subscribing to Sky itself..

Thanks in advance

0 Thanks
Mrst2
Advocate

The main thing I didn’t like about now tv last year is no capacity to record and watch later. The content is repeated but not as convenient as being able to watch whenever I want. That said it’s vastly cheaper than sky so it depends how important it is to you. 

0 Thanks
Heckie
Mentor

The disadvantage is that it’s sky!

12 month min contract then a nightmare if you want to cancel.

It’s £10 pm for F1 but you also need the basic package which I think is £22 (last time I looked). 

So 12 months min costs you £364....

0 Thanks
UncleZen
Scholar

Yay!  this is the best news I've heard all year. And one that I have been googling for weekly.

I dont know why they cant just give us the F1 channel on its own, and it's a bit pricey, but better than the £32/m that sky TV charge that also includes a bunch of channels I have no interest in ( mainly those in the minimum £22  subscription)

0 Thanks
iceburnmarko
Scholar

Nothing wrong with that idea cause the F1 forum bundle, one can take out until end of May

0 Thanks