cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Formula 1 £150 offer for 2019?

Last year NOW TV were offering a 9-month sports pass for £150 which would cover the Formula 1 season. Do anyone know whether this offer is going to be available this year ready for the season start in March? I’m keeping my fingers crossed as Sky have exclusive rights for all live races this year!

Many thanks

70 REPLIES 70
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Never mind, I found it using Google. Signed up now.

https://www.nowtv.com/watch-f1-online

starman73
Elite

@Anonymous User wrote:
Well guys thanks a lot !! I have an idea that can save some pennies. Nowtv is offering £20 (per month) on skysports instead of £33. This is for next 3 months. So we can go ahead with this to start with and effectively take £195 offer of 9 months starting May 2019 as the F1 is until December this year. This way we can have lengthier subscription and can save some pennies for 2 months :)))

Just take the £20/month offer and when you cancel you will get the same offer for another 2 or 3 months (I always do). Should cover 9 months and save a few more pennies.

Alternatively wait for the £17/month or £13/month offers that come into your email, and take it from there. Likely to come sometime in March for the end of the football season.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Could someone please advise as to whether there is any particular disadvantage to watching the Sky F1 coverage via the Now TV option as opposed to subscribing to Sky itself?

What, if anything, do you not get?

To say that I'm happy about paying £195 for nine months viewing of something that was, until fairly recently, free to view would be stretching it but it's certainly more appealing than subscribing to Sky itself..

Thanks in advance

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The main thing I didn’t like about now tv last year is no capacity to record and watch later. The content is repeated but not as convenient as being able to watch whenever I want. That said it’s vastly cheaper than sky so it depends how important it is to you. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The disadvantage is that it’s sky!

12 month min contract then a nightmare if you want to cancel.

It’s £10 pm for F1 but you also need the basic package which I think is £22 (last time I looked). 

So 12 months min costs you £364....

UncleZen
Scholar 2

Yay!  this is the best news I've heard all year. And one that I have been googling for weekly.

I dont know why they cant just give us the F1 channel on its own, and it's a bit pricey, but better than the £32/m that sky TV charge that also includes a bunch of channels I have no interest in ( mainly those in the minimum £22  subscription)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the update. Will be ordering on Saturday.

A bit more than I would have liked, but if it included ALL sports channels, its not too bad.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, everyone for your comments. I have now signed up for the season pass.

Does anyone know how I prevent the auto-renewal of paying £33.99 after the offer ends? What happens if I press Cancel, will I lose my access immediately or will it prevent the auto-renewal on December?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Because you have paid the £195 money up front i would have thought if you cancel early you will still get the full 9 month duration of this sports pass offer.

Personally if it was me, i would cancel this sports pass during the last month of the pass finishing (maybe end of November 2019 and stick a reminder somewhere in your diary).

When you do eventually cancel the sports pass, make sure you go through the step by step on screen instructions until you see the thumbs up message and it shows cancelled next to the pass with how many days left to watch.

You should also receive an email cancel confirmation from nowtv that a pass has been cancelled.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User 

Because you have paid the £195 money up front i would have thought if you cancel early you will still get the full 9 month duration of this sports pass offer.

Personally if it was me, i would cancel this sports pass during the last month of the pass finishing (maybe end of November 2019 and stick a reminder somewhere in your diary).

When you do eventually cancel the sports pass, make sure you go through the step by step on screen instructions until you see the thumbs up message and it shows cancelled next to the pass with how many days left to watch.

You should also receive an email cancel confirmation from nowtv that a pass has been cancelled.

Many thanks, I'll take your advice! Better to be safe than sorry.