cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Football season ticket extension

A month or so ago I received an email from Now TV starting they would be extending my football season ticket by a month, and possibly more months, depending on how long the football season was off for (has actually turned out to be 3 months). They said they’d be back in touch to let me know once this was done and with any more updates, but I have not heard anything from them since. And in the passes section of My Account it still says my prepaid offer is active until the original date of 10th July, when it was originally due to expire, at which point I’ll be charged £33.99 for a month of sports.

So it looks like they haven’t extended it, or if they have, haven’t let me know and not bothered changing the next payment date in the passes section.

Personally I think I deserve a 3 month extension seeing that is how long the football was off for, and there wasn’t exactly any other sport we could watch in that time!

So I was just wondering what you guys thought of this, and if you’ve any ideas about what Now TV are doing with their promised pass extension?

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

In the same boat, had an email stating I will be compensated when the football starts, had no emails or messages to that affect.

When does the football start, oh it's tomorrow!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I did get an email, actually two, about extending my seasonal pass.

On 23 April 2020 the first came with a voucher code to be used in last 30 days of current offer. The second on 28 May 2020 referred to the earlier and mentioned an extra month which could be read as additional to the first but unlikely although this voucher code differed from the first!

Between them I tried to activate at least 3 times.

Yesterday I got a confirmation that the ONE month extension had been applied.

Today I find I have been charged £33.99 for my free month!!!

I got an email 14 June 2020 saying my credit card details were out of date. True but didn't seem an issue unless I wanted to renew beyond seasonal ticket. As a BT user that was an option with extra facility to record, pause and the rest.

Having updated those card details the account now has my offer for next monthly charge starting 13 July 2020, my "free" month seems to be activated at last and I am £33.99 out of pocket.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been trying to query this today but can't get thru to them.im worried that it's all too late. Now TV should give free pass as Sky are showing all games for nothing. Has anyone made a complaint to Now directly ?

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User sky are not showing ALL games for nothing. A select number of games are on Pick TV on Freeview but 39 games are exclusively on Sky Sports. Unless you subscribe to Sky, or buy a NowTV pass, you will not be able to watch those 39 games.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

yes 25matches are showing free to air.. But I hope Now tv can compensate for the last 3 months with nowt football!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just checked the pass in My Account and it is telling me I will be charged the full whack of £33.99 on 10 Aug. So they only extended it by 1 month! What a joke, when we basically missed 3 months of sports!

I will be contacting Now TV directly to demand they give me anther couple of months as I expect to get the full 10 months of pre paid voucher I paid upfront for!