cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

F1

Hi all, I'm sure its not just me that follows F1 motor racing. Now comes the crunch bit.......the only sport I truly follow is F1 and have no interest in rugby/football etc etc so therefore paying £33.99 pm to watch 2 races is a bit ott. I know that now tv offer F1 fans a package to watch all the races for the season but again the problem there is that you have to pay the whole amount upfront, if I recall correctly it was around the £200 mark.

Now if I could have paid that on a monthly basis then I would have jumped at it but that option was never offered, let's face it over 10 months would have been £20 pm which would be more sustainable to most peoples wallets. So how about it Now TV, 2022 season perhaps? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Here is a good way to cut down the cost a bit and what i'll be doing once my Sky Q contract runs out.  I use Apple TV and mostly watch the sessions on demand quite a while after the live broadcast so this works well for me:

- Watch 10 min highlights of the Free Practice sessions on F1TV (Apple TV app recently launched).  Cost is £20 per year but doesn't show full races for current season.  They do have good wrap around shows i.e Tech Talk and Paddock Pass and quite a good archive with all races from the last few years having multiple driver cams etc.

- Watch qualifying highlights on Channel 4. (doesn't bother me to miss a few mins here or there and its in 1080p on catchup on the All 4 Apple TV app)

- Watch the race Monday morning (around 6am).  If its available at the time (and sometimes it isn't) buy a day pass and watch on demand.  If not available watch the Channel 4 extended highlights on All 4 (again its in 1080p and doesn't cost anything extra so no need for boost)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Here is a good way to cut down the cost a bit and what i'll be doing once my Sky Q contract runs out.  I use Apple TV and mostly watch the sessions on demand quite a while after the live broadcast so this works well for me:

- Watch 10 min highlights of the Free Practice sessions on F1TV (Apple TV app recently launched).  Cost is £20 per year but doesn't show full races for current season.  They do have good wrap around shows i.e Tech Talk and Paddock Pass and quite a good archive with all races from the last few years having multiple driver cams etc.

- Watch qualifying highlights on Channel 4. (doesn't bother me to miss a few mins here or there and its in 1080p on catchup on the All 4 Apple TV app)

- Watch the race Monday morning (around 6am).  If its available at the time (and sometimes it isn't) buy a day pass and watch on demand.  If not available watch the Channel 4 extended highlights on All 4 (again its in 1080p and doesn't cost anything extra so no need for boost)

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Since COVID the annual sports membership from NOW got scrapped because of refunds etc.

Just now there is an offer on of £25 per month for 6 months.

https://www.nowtv.com/offers

A0D0E95A-E4EA-4837-9F2E-B1CF99B4E284.png

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

Yes I’ve seen that but was hoping above all hope that now tv would be having a monthly payment scheme for next season (2022) and at £20 max pm. I know in the past they have done that but only for the selected few