cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

F1 pass and cancelled races

Will there be a full or partial refund of the f1 pass if more races are cancelled due to Corona virus? 

Is there a right to claim a refund? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't understand why people are letting them get away with it.

If you have been refused a refund, call your Credit Card company immediately and have them open a Section 75 Chargeback fo the amount. The CC then deal with it with NOWTV. It also costs NOWTV an amount to 'fight' a chargeback, so when people begin doing the chargebacks, they will finally give in to their legal responsibilities and start to refund.

The Banks legal teams are well versed in this, they will deal with it to the letter of the law, unlike NowTV.

Chargeback now, so simple. You can also chargeback DEbit card payments, so everyone is safe. DO IT PEOPLE.

View solution in original post

74 REPLIES 74
Anonymous User
Not applicable

so are you going to advise . we all get refunds ??  NOWTV cannot provide what they sold 22 live races ..    and week passs for another time are useless to f1 fans who brought the pass,s  

how come some have refunds and some have not ????.

are you single-ing people out ??  is it by post code , colour, race, country??.

single status law , if one gets it , we must all get refunds. 

BenGreen
Mentor

and here it is, the default copy and pasted response all live chat employees are spouting. 

Australia has been cancelled, those of us who bought this season pass after being quoted “22 races” at “£9 per race weekend” have now been mis-sold, do we really need to start posting the screenshots?

NowTV are taking a very short sighted view here, if refunds aren't make I see 2 appropriate actions; 1) Request a charge back from your bank or service provider, 2) Vote with you feet and take your money elsewhere in the future.  

@Karl-F  you cannot seriously believe that holding customers money, based on agreements you cannot meet is ethical. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Spent 2 hours on live chat explaining that im well within my rights for a refund  on the F1 pass as im still within the 2 weeks cooling of period as in the terms and conditions! was fobbed off.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Refunded this morning, in 10 minutes.

Here is my transcript. No debate, no argument. Refunded in 10.

I would like to cancel the Formula 1 Subscription I took out earlier this week.

I am still within the 14 day cooling off period for services purchase.

I have not used any of the services in the purchase.

Part of the services I have paid for within the subscription have now been cancelled due to the Coronavirus outbreak, and there is still a question over more being cancelled. As you have not issued a press release stating how you intend to handle this with potential pro-rate refunds, and the value of the packaging being subsequently reduced with the cancellations, I am within my legal rights, under UK Consumer Contract Regulations 2014 to cancel and be refunded in full.

I have also read the Now TV community forums and have noticed that you are only refunding 'some' people, which is 1, illegal, and 2, has brought a great level of mistrust of NowTV that I now no longer wish to engage in a business contract with you. Therefore, I will now say that if the package is not refunded during this chat, immediately after we finish I will call my Credit Card company and issue a Section 75 Chargeback for the amount.

This now gives you reasonable explanation, within UK Consumer Law as to why I am cancelling this purchase. I have already cancelled use of the subscription on the online terminal.

I'll wait while you process the refund and I get email notification.

If you feel for what would be an illegal reason to deny this request, I suggest passing this chat to your supervisor as this transcript will be provided to my Credit Card company when completing the chargeback paperwork, and thus will be classed as legally bound evidence for the claim.

Apologies for the tone of this , however sadly, NOWTV are being seen as acting fraudulently by denying refund requests, therefore I am outlining my exact position from the outset to avoid any debate.

Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just got his ! ?

Since we last contacted you, we tried to take payment for your Sky Sports Month Pass again.

Unfortunately, the payment still hasn’t gone through, so your Pass has now been cancelled.

Update your card details and restart your Pass

You can restart your Pass anytime – you’ll just need to update your card details first.

Head to My Account and Payment details to make sure everything's up to date, including your card number and expiry date.

Then just go to My Passes and select Restart or Buy now to get your Pass up and running again.

Need to talk to us?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Looks like they have refunded !

Thanks for getting in touch with NOW TV to let us know that you wish to cancel your Sky Sports F1 Season Ticket and receive a refund. 

We’ve now cancelled the Sky Sports Month Pass as you requested. We’ve also refunded you £198.00 as we can see that you haven’t watched anything on this Pass. The refund will take around 5 business days to show in your bank account. You won’t be charged for this Pass again unless you choose to restart it in the future.

why could they not have don’t that in the first place !!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had mine in ten minutes this morning

----

I would like to cancel the Formula 1 Subscription I took out earlier this week.

I am still within the 14 day cooling off period for services purchase.

I have not used any of the services in the purchase.

Part of the services I have paid for within the subscription have now been cancelled due to the Coronavirus outbreak, and there is still a question over more being cancelled. As you have not issued a press release stating how you intend to handle this with potential pro-rate refunds, and the value of the packaging being subsequently reduced with the cancellations, I am within my legal rights, under UK Consumer Contract Regulations 2014 to cancel and be refunded in full.

I have also read the Now TV community forums and have noticed that you are only refunding 'some' people, which is 1, illegal, and 2, has brought a great level of mistrust of NowTV that I now no longer wish to engage in a business contract with you. Therefore, I will now say that if the package is not refunded during this chat, immediately after we finish I will call my Credit Card company and issue a Section 75 Chargeback for the amount.

This now gives you reasonable explanation, within UK Consumer Law as to why I am cancelling this purchase. I have already cancelled use of the subscription on the online terminal.

I'll wait while you process the refund and I get email notification.

If you feel for what would be an illegal reason to deny this request, I suggest passing this chat to your supervisor as this transcript will be provided to my Credit Card company when completing the chargeback paperwork, and thus will be classed as legally bound evidence for the claim.

Apologies for the tone of this , however sadly, NOWTV are being seen as acting fraudulently by denying refund requests, therefore I am outlining my exact position from the outset to avoid any debate.

Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Karl-F 

I purchased the F1 pass last Sunday and started trying to cancel the pass yesterday (the pass has never been used to view anything). 

So far this has involved 2 long chat secessions and multiple email exchanges, the latest email saying  "I will contact you on Monday with confirmation on how we will go forward to resolve this issue to your satisfaction."

The answer is simple just refund the money I have payed!

I don't understand why customers with exactly the same situation are been treated so differently....this cant be right!

Regards Andy.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just keep at them. Scream on email and social media. The publicity is doing them no good.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @Anonymous User

If I don't get a full refund on Monday I'll be going down the Section 75 Chargeback route with my credit card company.  So I'm sure i'll get the money back one way or another.

I find it shocking that any modern company can treat its customers this way....let alone a company where their very business model needs repeat orders from those customers! 

Regards - Andy