cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

F1 pass and cancelled races

Will there be a full or partial refund of the f1 pass if more races are cancelled due to Corona virus? 

Is there a right to claim a refund? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't understand why people are letting them get away with it.

If you have been refused a refund, call your Credit Card company immediately and have them open a Section 75 Chargeback fo the amount. The CC then deal with it with NOWTV. It also costs NOWTV an amount to 'fight' a chargeback, so when people begin doing the chargebacks, they will finally give in to their legal responsibilities and start to refund.

The Banks legal teams are well versed in this, they will deal with it to the letter of the law, unlike NowTV.

Chargeback now, so simple. You can also chargeback DEbit card payments, so everyone is safe. DO IT PEOPLE.

View solution in original post

74 REPLIES 74
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good luck Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just spent over an hour on the chat channel - very frustrating and no refund offered. Just the offer of week passes to cover rescheduled races as and when. Treated very badly and lots of platitudes and cut and pasted text back to me.

I think they are shooting themselves in the foot here. They should just give all of us our money back and we buy the passes again when racing kicks off properly again.

I have emailed them now and will see what comes back, but have saved the chat text and will claim through my credit card company if I don't get a response.

I watched an hour of chat about the race last weekend and they were claiming that this means they now can't do a refund -  that it invalidates everything. But in the clauses on the website and in the content contract that only applies to day, week and month passes. There is no mention of a 9 month F1 agreement in there and I think it would be illegal to treat it in the same way given its length.

They should perhaps have offered me a refund minus the cost of the day pass I watched. A good company would have done. Feel very upset about this and it is infuriating dealing with a business in this way. They are doing everything they can simply to hang on to our money and keep us all at arms length.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to add to the horrors of the above. The guy on the chat gave me an email address to take it further. I emailed it, and got a reply back within 5 minutes saying 'thanks for getting in touch. However, this address is not longer monitored so your message didn't reach us'! It then directs me back to the chat channel.

Be careful others are not fobbed off in this way. Now TV, sort it out.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just spent nearly an hour on chat to 'Keegan' who wasn't interested, wouldn't cancel my pass and refund me, wouldn't escalate my query to a supervisor and wouldn't provide details on how I could record/escalate a formal complaint against his response and against NowTV for not providing cancellation/refunds.

NowTV/Sky have got a lot of money from F1 fans who were waiting for this pass, they will, as a result of their policy over allowing cancellations/refunds lose a lot of those, I won't spend another penny with them, I'd rather listen to the radio broadcasts and watch BBC's text feed than spend another penny with Sky/Now TV, this situation has shown how they treat us with contempt - do we really want to spend money with a company that has that attitude to customers?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It seems untenable and unjustifiable to me that Now TV can just take the money and run when they are not delivering the goods. The pass is not promoted as a 9 month sports pass it's promoted as a Formula 1 pass and that's the only reason I buy it. If there's no F1 the pass is not fit for purpose therefore a refund should be given.