cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

F1 Season pass Refunds!

Spent 2 HOURS  yes 2 HOURS  on the live chat! 😠 Explaining that we are well within our rights to get a refund for the F1 pass as we are within the 14 day cooling off period! as in the terms and conditions. was fobbed off and told we will get an email. 

72 REPLIES 72
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can’t even email them.... I get a message bounced back

instantly from them saying my email address is no longer monitored and they didn’t receive my email? 

The email address I’m using is what I used to sign in? Crazy 🤯

gb2000
Scholar

Hi xxxx,

Ref: xxxxxxxx

Thanks for getting in touch with NOW TV we understand that in light of the recent situation we’re seeing with COVID-19 (Corona Virus), a range of sporting events are being postponed or cancelled.

We are closely monitoring developments across all F1® fixtures and will provide our NOW TV F1® Season Ticket customers with a FREE Sky Sports Week Pass for any race postponed due to the COVID19 pandemic. As these races have been postponed not cancelled, they are likely to go ahead at a later date and we will continue to keep you up to date on developments as soon as we have more information. Thank you for your patience in these uncertain times, we are doing everything we can to minimise the impact that this will have on our customers.

We have recently been promoting an F1 Season Pass offer on NOWTV.com for a 9-month UFP, promoting 22 races for £198 – the start of the F1 season has now been postponed until at least the end of May.

You will be given a free Sky Sports Week Pass to cover any rescheduled race weekend that is postponed to outside the season ticket period. You will automatically be sent a code via email they will be able to redeem when the race is rescheduled.

The original F1 season pass offer page can be seen here:

https://www.nowtv.com/watch-f1-online

We will not be offering you a refund for the F1® Season Pass at this time, as F1® have only postponed the season.

Hope this information was helpful, please write back for any further clarification.

To contact us about this topic, reply to this email without changing the subject line.

Or, if you would prefer to use Live Chat visit our Help site selecting the same topic as before and once you’re on chat give us your reference number 06840694.

Thanks,
Stanley

The NOW TV Team

gb2000
Scholar

Regarding that email I just posted, NowTV direct you to the 'original F1 season pass offer page'. That page clearly says this:

F1 2020 Season Ticket just £198 for 9 months

There is no ambiguity there. The 9 months are March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November.

There will definitely be no F1 in March or April, so already NowTV are not providing F1 for 2 of the 9 months. This is a breach of the contract you made when you paid, and that alone would be grounds to provide a full refund.

They say they will provide a 'Sky Sports Week Pass to cover any rescheduled race weekend'. That is not an equivalent value of what has been lost. Two entire months have been lost. Even if the season extends into December, you will not get a full two months of Sky Sports back. And remember that you paid for ALL Sky Sports:

Watch F1 and more

Get complete access to 11 Sky Sports channels

including F1, Premier League, Main Event and more

ALL of those events are cancelled now. You only have access to old, pre-recorded events. Will they be giving you passes to all of those events too? They should be offering 2 extra months at the very least, taking you up to January 2021, but that is NOT what NowTV have offered, only week passes for F1 races. Even if they did offer it, you are not obliged to accept it because that's not what you paid for.

They say that we cannot have a refund because 'F1 have only postponed the season'. If you went to any other event and it was postponed, you would be entitled to a full refund. The people who turned up to the F1 race in Australia with tickets were all immediately offered a full refund. Watching it on TV is no different. Yes, they can give you the OPTION of retaining the pass and using it when (if) the season continues, but you do not have to accept that because that's not what you paid for.

A Section 75 chargeback seems to be our only recourse now. NowTV know that, and probably know they will lose every case, but they will be relying on enough people not doing it so that they can hold onto our money for as long as possible. Do not let them get away with this. If you want a refund, you are legally entitled to one. Even if you're outside the 14-day 'cooling off' period you are still entitled to a refund - the cooling off is only there for people who change their minds about using the service. And NowTV will tell you that in any case this 14-day cooling off did not apply to F1 9-month passes.

You paid for a 9-month F1 pass and you are not being provided with F1 races in all of those 9 months. You don't have to accept 1-week passes or anything else they offer you if you don't want it. If you do not receive what you paid for you are entitled to a full refund, and that is a legal right. If you paid by credit card, your credit card company is jointly liable, so if (when) you get nowhere with NowTV, contact your credit card company for the refund.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have posted on this topic before and echo everything that everyone else is saying:

3 chats with 3 people and dealt with appallingly each time - spent literally hours on it. Lots of cut and pasted text that doesn't really mean anything and lots of 'no can do' about a refund, even though I am well within the 14 day cooling off period.

Offers made (week passes) that are in no way equivalent value to the service they originally advertised and sold me.

Referred by them to a help email address that I wrote to and got a bounce back saying it is no longer monitored and to go back to the live chat!

Told I can't get a refund because I activated the pass. Told them I did this to check it worked and to find out the details on the race, and that so far I have not been able to receive literally any of the service they promised and advertised.

Told them this was not in their terms and conditions as per the website (which only apply to day, week and month passes once activated. We bought a 9 month 'ticket'/contract.) Fortunately I had saved these off line.

Then received a reply email saying it was in the terms and conditions which they copied into the email. The new T&C included a badly written and ungrammatical new clause which was not on their website and appeared to have been written as a catch all by the guy himself! The clause was not on their website or in the contract and it now said (gist) 'or any other pass once activated', with spelling mistakes in it!!! I sent him back the official T&C via their website link and my cut and pasted version and he never replied and I got an email saying my case was closed.

Cannot now find their T&C on the website where they were before. Very suspicious.

Opened several formal complaints, each responded to via a cut and paste email and an automatic email saying my complaint has now been dealt with and is closed.

Cancelled my pass to be safe. No longer able to even load the NowTV page or log on despite the fact that I have not been given my money back. There is something funny going on there. They are now in serious breach. Has this happened to anyone else?

Pursuing through my credit card company.

Have never experienced anything like this from any company ever. The futile hours we have all spent trying to be treated fairly and within the law. Please, Now TV and Sky, if you are reading or monitoring this forum treat us with some fairness and professionalism. You could have dealt with this by giving us our money back or a voucher to the level of the original F1 pass and we would all have then simply bought another season ticket down the line because we love our sport. Job done. You don't lose out and neither do we. Instead this has been handled unbelievably badly and caused so much ill will it is staggering.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi All,

i,ve been trying for 6 days and getting the same ... WE ALL ARE 

NowTV disgraceful  !!!how they are treating there customers !!!  never again , will i use NowTV 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having purchased the sports pass to watch F1, I have asked for a refund as the beginning of the season has been postponed.  This was done on live chat, and I have a copy of that chat.  It states that the information will be passed to the relevant department.  It is still within the 14day cancellation period, but I have not heard anything.  The £198 is better off in my bank than NOW TV’S ! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

LOL  they sent that to everyone with the f1 pass who have complained !! on live chat , soon as you mention f1 refund , they send you a scripted reply, and close the chat off and the cheeky ~~~####~~~  even send you an email that your complaint as been resolved !!??.

NOWTV   CASH AND GRAB and #### there customers !!! 

gb2000
Scholar

I spent over 2 hours with two different agents trying to get a refund. They are simply not authorised to give refunds, so the only reason to go there would be to get a transcript of your chat, make sure they deny you a refund, then use the transcript when you contact your credit card company for a Section 75 Chargeback.

When I asked to escalate the issue to someone with more authority I was told:

"I'm afraid you wouldn't get the refund even if I escalate the case however I can help you with 1 month free Sky sports month Pass. "

He later denied he'd said it (but it's in the transcript!) and escalated it anyway. I am not expecting that to get me a refund.

The offer of a 1 month free Sky sports pass is ridiculous. We've already lost 2 months of F1, no question, so 7 months + 1 month free is still only 8. I asked if he could give me 2 free months, but that wasn't within his power either!

Multiple mentions of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 were ignored. Read the law, under 'Digital Content'. It's quite categorical - they must deliver what they described when you bought it or you are entitled to a refund:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/15/section/36/enacted

This part was telling:

AISHWARYA (3/16/2020, 4:29:22 PM): I cannot help you with refund as per our refund policy however, as you mentioned that you gonna contact credit card company I would suggest you to contact them, they might help you with refund.

So NowTV's representative is actively recommending contacting the credit card company for a refund.

I think that's the only thing that will work. Get a Section 75 refund from your credit card company. It's time consuming, but you will spent a LOT more time on the live chat, with no result, than you would with your bank. And if you need proof of that, here's what I was told in my first chat:

null (3/16/2020, 3:19:53 PM): And as I asked before: You seem to be very slow in responding to me. Are you talking to other people at the same time as talking to me?

Roncy (3/16/2020, 3:21:00 PM): Yes I am.

You won't even get their full attention when you're talking to them directly!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

MattHL said:

Have never experienced anything like this from any company ever. The futile hours we have all spent trying to be treated fairly and within the law. Please, Now TV and Sky, if you are reading or monitoring this forum treat us with some fairness and professionalism. You could have dealt with this by giving us our money back or a voucher to the level of the original F1 pass and we would all have then simply bought another season ticket down the line because we love our sport. Job done. You don't lose out and neither do we. Instead this has been handled unbelievably badly and caused so much ill will it is staggering.

I dont think I've read anyone else put it so well.

I had also asked for a refund and said I would gladly pay for any races that were run later in the year.

NowTV will lose customers, and I advise anyone who has paid for a season pass to leave this forum now and take it elsewhere on the internet. Posting about it here will make no difference, they are simply not listening.

Go out there and make other people listen, raise the profile of is in other places.

Doing it here will have no effect.

nkorppi
Mentor

Absolute disgrace. 

I have Never been treated this badly as a customer. 

Others get their refund, and others don't. This is a vile, unfair company that treats some people better than others. 

Disgusting that I need to go to the bank to try to get my transaction cancelled.