cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

F1 Season pass Refunds!

Spent 2 HOURS  yes 2 HOURS  on the live chat! 😠 Explaining that we are well within our rights to get a refund for the F1 pass as we are within the 14 day cooling off period! as in the terms and conditions. was fobbed off and told we will get an email. 

72 REPLIES 72
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've contacted the financial ombudsman on this.

Emails they just respond with the same cut and paste, and live chat they keep ending the conversation and closing my complaint then no resolution as been agreed.  

This on top of the other issues I had with being denied the black Friday deal because I had 2 weeks of pass left means that I will no longer be putting any money to NowTV.

The amount of people they will have annoyed with this, I doubt next year they will have any subscriptions taken out. 

Their attitude is complete ignorance. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is it worth cancel? It’s  back on in May...

When it’s back on you will have to pay for day pass which come to more than subscription price in total.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Talks of no races until June.  Some may be postponed but highly likely the races will be cancelled.  The schedule is too busy, unless they cancel the mid season break

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Seems CISAS is an arm of NowTV - they're just as ignorant and blunt. 

Response from them is I have to send the deadlock statement from NowTV.  When I said NowTV will not provide such rather they just close the complaint with no reason given, then the next response form CISAS is to wait 8weeks and files a complaint again!!! 

Really ?! 

Hopefully the financial ombudsman will be of more help.  Seems the CISAS needs to be reviewed also. 

gb2000
Scholar

NowTV's main point of argument seems to be that the races have been postponed, not cancelled, which does not make any difference legally, but they say it does. With that being said, the Australian race was CANCELLED. It was not postponed at all, it was fully cancelled.

Here's a link to an article on the official Formula 1 site:

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.formula-1-fia-and-agpc-announce-cancellation-of-the-2020-...

Formula 1, FIA and AGPC announce cancellation of the 2020 Australian Grand Prix

If you contact NowTV and they tell you the races are merely postponed, give them that information. Australia was CANCELLED.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You will be lucky if it's back in July at this rate

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Be very careful before you buy a voucher for NowTV

I bought an F1 pass and tried to cancel my pass due to it not being as advertised with all the sports now cancelled and after over an hour on chat all they wanted to do was offer a week pass for each missed race! What about all the other sport that's not on there?

Also was within the 14 day distant selling act so they have broken the law as well!

I have started a charge back with my bank for the money.

VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM NOW TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I anit even been able to speak with them on live chat every time I click it nothing happens
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is it worth cancel? It’s  back on in May...

When it’s back on you will have to pay for day pass which come to more than subscription price in total.

With the way some people (myself included) have been treated, I would be surprised if many want to ever spend money with NowTv again!

I bought my season pass with vouchers, have only asked for a credit to my account. They would have lost no money with me but yet still refusing to budge. Over ‘live’ chat they lied and refuse to answer questions, only cut and pasting the same answers. They are in breach of contract FACT. Yes it’s not their fault but that simply is not my problem. They cannot offer the service I bought into.

This won’t be forgotten this time next year, when they want people to buy into the season pass. I WILL be here to remind everyone of how they treated everyone.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

They did respond by email to my request for a credit/refund due to the 14 days cooling off period. But I was told because we had activated the pass there was no refund.  I responded to tell them I had only activated the account to make sure it worked and watched their article about the cancelled F1 races.  I explained we had not watched any F1 races because there have not been any!!!!  They have now come back with an offer of a £33 credit on my account but they are still refusing to credit the £198.00. I assume if I accept the £33 I have no further rights to any other credit, so I am unsure how to respond.  I have also raised it with Resolver.