cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

F1 Season pass Refunds!

Spent 2 HOURS  yes 2 HOURS  on the live chat! 😠 Explaining that we are well within our rights to get a refund for the F1 pass as we are within the 14 day cooling off period! as in the terms and conditions. was fobbed off and told we will get an email. 

72 REPLIES 72
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Aminuddin (14/03/2020, 15:39:27): Thanks for contacting NOW TV, you are talking to Aminuddin. How can I help?
null (14/03/2020, 15:39:46): I would like to cancel the Formula 1 Subscription I took out earlier this week.

I am still within the 14 day cooling off period for services purchase.

I have not used any of the services in the purchase.

Part of the services I have paid for within the subscription have now been cancelled due to the Coronavirus outbreak, and there is still a question over more being cancelled. As you have not issued a press release stating how you intend to handle this with potential pro-rate refunds, and the value of the packaging being subsequently reduced with the cancellations, I am within my legal rights, under UK Consumer Contract Regulations 2014 to cancel and be refunded in full.

I have also read the Now TV community forums and have noticed that you are only refunding 'some' people, which is 1, illegal, and 2, has brought a great level of mistrust of NowTV that I now no longer wish to engage in a business contract with you. Therefore, I will now say that if the package is not refunded during this chat, immediately after we finish I will call my Credit Card company and issue a Section 75 Chargeback for the amount.

This now gives you reasonable explanation, within UK Consumer Law as to why I am cancelling this purchase. I have already cancelled use of the subscription on the online terminal.

I'll wait while you process the refund and I get email notification.

If you feel for what would be an illegal reason to deny this request, I suggest passing this chat to your supervisor as this transcript will be provided to my Credit Card company when completing the chargeback paperwork, and thus will be classed as legally bound evidence for the claim.

Apologies for the tone of this , however sadly, NOWTV are being seen as acting fraudulently by denying refund requests, therefore I am outlining my exact position from the outset to avoid any debate
Aminuddin (14/03/2020, 15:41:03): Please allow me a minute.
null (14/03/2020, 15:41:17): many thanks
Aminuddin (14/03/2020, 15:44:07): As I am aware of this situation,
Let me check what best I can do in this case.
Aminuddin (14/03/2020, 15:44:16): In order to pull up your account may I know your full name and email address.
null (14/03/2020, 15:44:41): xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Aminuddin (14/03/2020, 15:45:24): Thank you for the information, please allow me a minute to check.
null (14/03/2020, 15:45:38): thank you !
null (14/03/2020, 15:45:39): shaun
Aminuddin (14/03/2020, 15:47:07): Thanks for your patience.
Aminuddin (14/03/2020, 15:47:27): We have recently been promoting an F1 Season Pass offer on NOWTV.com for a 9-month UFP,
promoting 22 races for £198 – the start of the F1 season has now been postponed until at least the
end of May.
Aminuddin (14/03/2020, 15:47:58): Customers will be given a free Sky Sports Week Pass to cover any rescheduled race weekend that is
postponed to outside the season ticket period. All affected customers will automatically be sent a
code via email they will be able to redeem when the race is rescheduled.
Aminuddin (14/03/2020, 15:48:29): We are closely monitoring developments across all F1® fixtures and will provide our NOW TV F1®
Season Ticket customers with a FREE Sky Sports Week Pass for any race postponed due to the
COVID19 pandemic. As these races have been postponed not cancelled, they are likely to go ahead at
a later date and we will continue to keep you up to date on developments as soon as we have more
information. Thank you for your patience in these uncertain times, we are doing everything we can to
minimise the impact that this will have on our customers.
null (14/03/2020, 15:48:31): no thats not aceptable, please refund the monies paid
null (14/03/2020, 15:50:15): and untrue non of the races can be rescheduled and i am within the cooling off period
Aminuddin (14/03/2020, 15:52:29): If you read the terms and conditions only the week and day pass fall under the cooling off period category.
Aminuddin (14/03/2020, 15:52:52): You have another option to get this sorted.
Aminuddin (14/03/2020, 15:53:16): You can ask the credit card services for the charge back.
Aminuddin (14/03/2020, 15:53:31): They may help you accordingly with this.
Aminuddin (14/03/2020, 15:54:09): If some races are cancelled, they are likely to be rescheduled, so you’ll still be able to watch them just maybe not on the original advertised date
null (14/03/2020, 15:56:41): how is that you are refunding some and not others? 4 races at present how on earth can they add that into the already busy schedule and its not yout terms and conditions its the uk law terms
Aminuddin (14/03/2020, 15:57:19): I am afraid to say that its a rumour since last 4 days customers are continuously coming for refund, we have managed to extend the offer period for them in order to get this sorted because NOW TV is not responsible for the current situation.
null (14/03/2020, 15:57:49): so your final answer is No, then i will go to the CC company route
Aminuddin (14/03/2020, 15:59:10): The UK law of 14 days cooling off period doesn't fall for no contract services and NOW TV is no contract service the pass you have purchased its a discounted price.
Aminuddin (14/03/2020, 15:59:44): I request you to get the credit card service to charge back if you want.
null (14/03/2020, 16:00:54): crooks, this will not be great for now tv in the end you have not provided the service i paid for so Now are in default
Aminuddin (14/03/2020, 16:01:26): I am sorry but we have our reasons which are legally right.
Aminuddin (14/03/2020, 16:01:49): We don't deny to give you service.
Aminuddin (14/03/2020, 16:02:34): But the right you are asking for doesn't fall for this pass you have purchased or else we would have not taken a risk for just £198.00
Aminuddin (14/03/2020, 16:04:34): I request you to get the credit card service to charge back if you want.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

as you can see no help here, they will need customers after this mess 

GrumpyDonkey
Scholar 2

Although I was dealt with fastly and to a satisfying end, they clearly will lose customers and if continue to act in this manner deserve too.

The excuse of a free week pass per race postponed is useless when races are being cancelled. The fact that the people in India don't know the difference between the two is staggering and rather worrying.

All customers who purchased the F1 Season Pass should be offered the chance for a full refund.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When you purchased a '9 month F1 Season Pass' you entered into a contract with Now TV. The Terms and Conditions of that contract ordinarily apply. However, in view of the fact that a fundemental change has taken place to prevent the obligation of Now TV to deliver what was contracted the contract has become "frustrated". Definition courtesy of Wikipedia below:

Frustration is an English contract law doctrine that acts as a device to set aside contracts where an unforeseen event either renders contractual obligations impossible, or radically changes the party's principal purpose for entering into the contract.

(If you Google frustration of contract you will find plenty of explanations and case 

law examples.)

I don't think that anyone could argue that this situation doesn't meet the legal definition for declaring the  contract to be frustrated.

With the contract being frustrated the T&Cs of the contract no longer apply. The vendor, in this case Now TV, is therefore obliged to refund any payment made by you under the terms of this contract. If you point this put to them then hopefully you will be refunded without further discussion. This worked for me so good luck.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

But sometimes nothing seems to work. They just send that same cut and paste answers and won’t budge.

Im currently repeatedly doing it with the same results. I’ve also started a case with citizens Advice, who were actually quite interested and helpful 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve contacted Now TV 7 times over the past 2 days and they point blank refuse to refund my £198 F1 pass. I’ve been on the chat, email and Twitter all to get the same response. I’m still within my 14 day cooling off period but they say no refund can be given. I’ve never known anything so stupid. There breaking the law by not issuing refunds. I don’t know where to go from here? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You need to go and log a complaint with citizens Advice

I've also instigated a resolver complaint

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thinking about cancelling mine haven’t used pass yet however it may worth still be keeping because F1 will start again but I haven’t worked out the figures yet...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That is simply untrue.  It is stated in their T's and C's

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another four fun chat sessions where they still refuse to refund. BUT I did get told about the CONCERN TEAM. They are looking into what to do for customers...... Obviously it's not NowTV's fault that F1 is "postponed" but offering passes clearly isn't the way to keep customers happy. I guess if it continues to be postponed say until September then they will need a new answer. They offered "9 months of F1" and "all 22 races" for £198. If there are only 9 races and 3 months then they can't charge that amount. Do watch out though as they offered me an extra month as compensation and I believe this would mean I had accepted a settlement. I refused it.

As an example I mentioned all those folk on the planes to Spain today (12 March) that turned around and went back to the UK. They will surely have a refund, I can't see anyone being happy to pay for a flight over France and back just for the fun of it!

My answer, I have let American Express loose on them and disputed the payment. The guy there was quite clear, if they don't supply what was bought then I don't pay. Will let you know how it goes.