cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

F1 Season pass Refunds!

Spent 2 HOURS  yes 2 HOURS  on the live chat! 😠 Explaining that we are well within our rights to get a refund for the F1 pass as we are within the 14 day cooling off period! as in the terms and conditions. was fobbed off and told we will get an email. 

72 REPLIES 72
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had my refund in 10 minutes this morning.

Here is what i wrote

I would like to cancel the Formula 1 Subscription I took out earlier this week.

I am still within the 14 day cooling off period for services purchase.

I have not used any of the services in the purchase.

Part of the services I have paid for within the subscription have now been cancelled due to the Coronavirus outbreak, and there is still a question over more being cancelled. As you have not issued a press release stating how you intend to handle this with potential pro-rate refunds, and the value of the packaging being subsequently reduced with the cancellations, I am within my legal rights, under UK Consumer Contract Regulations 2014 to cancel and be refunded in full.

I have also read the Now TV community forums and have noticed that you are only refunding 'some' people, which is 1, illegal, and 2, has brought a great level of mistrust of NowTV that I now no longer wish to engage in a business contract with you. Therefore, I will now say that if the package is not refunded during this chat, immediately after we finish I will call my Credit Card company and issue a Section 75 Chargeback for the amount.

This now gives you reasonable explanation, within UK Consumer Law as to why I am cancelling this purchase. I have already cancelled use of the subscription on the online terminal.

I'll wait while you process the refund and I get email notification.

If you feel for what would be an illegal reason to deny this request, I suggest passing this chat to your supervisor as this transcript will be provided to my Credit Card company when completing the chargeback paperwork, and thus will be classed as legally bound evidence for the claim.

Apologies for the tone of this , however sadly, NOWTV are being seen as acting fraudulently by denying refund requests, therefore I am outlining my exact position from the outset to avoid any debate.

Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i tried this and have been fobbed of yet again they say that as have activated and  viewed some sport content that my right to cancel under the 14 day colling of period is void. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do a chargeback then.

GrumpyDonkey
Scholar 2

Saying you have viewed content is a total joke.

As soon as I had paid for the pass Sky Sports became active on my account.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried live chat never working, and like many ordered the 3mth for £20 offer so I could watch the F1 earlier this week, then having seen we ant going to get any racing for the foreseeable for very obvious reasons.

I cancelled the pass so now more monies would be taken how ever I am trying to get the £ 20 already taken to be refunded with no joy this is totally unacceptable by now tv  as its obv to everyone that CONVID 19 is stopping it 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

"Congratulations, F1refund! As the result of your contributions to the community, you have earned a new rank. Your new rank is Advocate. We appreciate your efforts and hope you will continue to be an active member of the community. Thanks! The NOW TV Community Team "

SEROUSLY they are a joke 

gb2000
Scholar

I've tried a different tactic - reporting this as a fault in the Bills and Payments part of my account. I logged it as 'There was a technical issue or something went wrong' and then asked for my refund on the following page under 'Is there anything else we need to know?'

Not really expecting a refund, given everyone else's experiences, but with the faults page they do have to reply (in theory). I'll see what happens and report back here.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I ve tried that I am now taking it to a outside source and am seeking compensation as well for the time its taken
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The best thing any of you can do now is dispute it with your bank or credit card.

Also remember this next year, dont forget how Sky/NowTv have treated all of us.

NowTv isnt a company I would want to engage to provide services in the future.