cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ant42
Scholar

F1 Season Pass - extension?

The 9 month F1 season pass that was sold back in March was supposed to cover the whole 2020 season - every race. Now that the postponed race calendar has been finalised, it extends beyond the expiry date of the season passes that were purchased. For instance, I bought my pass on the 7th of March and it expires on the 7th of December. That would have been well past the end of the season, but now, with the revised calendar, it means I will miss the last race on the 13th of December.

When the season was first postponed, the Now TV website was saying that free passes would be issued to cover for postponed races to ensure that all races could be viewed. I can no longer find any reference to this, nor can I get in touch with Now TV to find out what is going on (the live chat no longer works).

Does anyone know what they intend to do to ensure people who bought the season pass will get to watch all races at no extra cost? Have any F1 season pass purchasers heard anything about a pass extension?

9 REPLIES 9
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Ant42 when everything was cancelled back in March there were several threads open regarding the F1 season pass. Many people fought tooth and nail to get a full refund.

Your best bet to get an answer would be to email

customerservices @ nowtv.com (ensuring no spaces). 

Ant42
Scholar

Thanks @Saint1976, I wasn't aware of that email address, I'll try contacting them.

I saw the earlier threads where people were asking for refunds at the time, but I decided to keep my pass in the hope that the season would eventually go ahead, and thankfully it did.  At this point I don't want a refund, I just want the pass to include all the races as it was supposed to.

Strangely, though, I've just noticed this in the "Watching F1 with NOW TV" FAQ:

I bought an F1 Season Ticket before the season was postponed. Is it still valid?

No, your F1 Season Ticket is no longer valid. You will have received a full refund for your Season Ticket when the season was postponed. You should have received an email from us with all the details.

Can't find the email? Remember to check your junk or spam folder.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/watch-f1

That's the first I've heard of this!  My pass wasn't cancelled, I'm still using it.  It doesn't expire until December.  I never received a refund or an email, spam folder or otherwise.  Am I the only one who still has a working, and fully paid for, F1 season pass?

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Ant42 No, you’re not the only one with a still-working F1 season pass. Like you, I never got that email cancelling the pass. I’m hanging in there hoping for an extension until just after the final race of the 2020 season in mid-December.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I also have a F1 season pass due to "expire" in December. I say expire but in my account area it says it is due to renew on the 8th as a normal sports pass at £33.99 month. I never received a refund nor an email either. My season pass was partly paid for in Tesco vouchers.
No doubt NowTV will want us to pay again if wanting to watch the last race weekend...
Ant42
Scholar

I got a response from the email address in the thread above on the second attempt. It seems that everyone had been given a free month pass to extend the season pass, but I had somehow been missed out. I now have my pass, which kicks in when my season pass expires on the 7th of December and lasts until the 7th of January, allowing me to watch the final race.

So if you haven't had the free pass either I echo the suggestion by Saint1976 to email the address in that post above. If you don't get a response the first time, keep trying.

Thanks to NowTV support for resolving this for me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for the info I have sent an email.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Got a quick reply but...
Quote: "I do you have been a very loyal customer to us and we would definitely do all we can to help you. Currently I cannot promise you anything but do get in touch with us a day prior to the event . We will then check and help you with all we can and if possible help you with free Sky Sports Day Pass".

Not what I expected at all. Certainly won't be paying any extra that's for sure!
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi, @Anonymous User Pretty much the same reply that I got.

So, the burning question of the hour is: why have some people got an extension, whilst others haven’t. Probably depends on who at NowTV Towers picks up the request.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thx @Mark_Weinreb Maybe how the Season Pass was paid for? I part paid in Tesco vouchers btw.
Or like you said, which advisor responds...

A day pass doesn't cover the whole of last race anyhow.