cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
redael
Mentor

Re: F1 Season Pass - Money now refunded!

Everyone appears to be getting automatically refunded now as I’ve just got an email stating a full refund is the new stance they are now taking.

SweetBlitz
Expert 2

Can you paste the contents of the email?

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I received an e-mail around an hour ago stating that they were refunding the cost of the F1 Pass.  It was timely as tomorrow was the cut-off I'd stated in a letter to them (14 days) before issuing a summons through the Small Claims Court.  

Here's the content of the e-mail:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi XXXX,

We want to make sure we’re doing the right thing for our customers. There is currently no official start date for the season in place, many races have been postponed and some cancelled. With that in mind, we’ve decided that instead of giving you free Sky Sports Week Passes for any postponed races, as previously communicated, we’re refunding you the full £198 you paid for the NOW TV F1® Season Ticket.

There’s nothing you need to do and we’ll be back in touch once we’ve processed your refund. Once we have done this, you will no longer be able to view Sky Sports on NOW TV unless you purchase another pass .

As soon as the new start date has been announced, make sure you’re checking the NOW TV site  for all of our offers.

Thank you for your patience in these uncertain times and we look forward to welcoming you back once the season recommences.

The NOW TV Team

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Be persistent if you don't receive an e-mail in the coming days.

View solution in original post

Mattd
Advocate

Spoiler
At last

I have received the same email tonight saying they are refunding the £198....about time, they have made themselves look silly refusing to refund prior to this. 

0 Thanks
nkorppi
Mentor

Did not get any email.

0 Thanks
gb2000
Scholar

I got that email too. If they'd done it earlier that might have retained a lot of goodwill. By totally rejecting requests for refunds, for weeks, they are unlikely to get all those angry customers back when the F1 does eventually return.

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve just seen from my Now TV account on nowtv.com that a refund of my £198 subscription for a F1 season pass (April 2) has been made even though I hadn’t asked for one. Having said that I have received no email about this and the money hasn’t actually appeared in my bank account. I wait with bated breath. 

0 Thanks
AlunW
Mentor

Nothing for me yet, so I've sent them a complaint via the complaints form...

Let's see what happens...

Alun

0 Thanks
nkorppi
Mentor

Where on your account do you see an actual refund. 

I made a complaint and it was closed with "as per recent email, the refund has been processed and we will close complaint". 

No sign of the earlier email and no sign of refund on the account. 

Do they even check the individual accounts? Or they just send generic response to everyone? And assume customers were refunded, without checking? 

0 Thanks
AlunW
Mentor

Hi,

I also got this email yesterday - after I sent another complaint...

Thanks for your recent contact with NOW TV

As per our previous email your F1® Season Pass refund has now been processed. We will now be closing your case. Unfortunately, we’ve had to close some of our contact centres because of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), so our customer support is very limited right now. It will take us longer than normal to get back to you if you need further support. You can manage your account at any time by heading to https://account.nowtv.com/ Thanks for choosing NOW TV.

The NOW TV Team

Love the "As per our previous email your F1® Season Pass refund has now been processed" - OK, what email...

So how long do I expect the refund to take?

Cheers

Alun

0 Thanks