cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saskia
Scholar 2

F1 2022 season voucher

Love F1 and hoping to hear soon that NOW TV will offer a 2022 season voucher for all of the races which they did prior to covid. 

217 REPLIES 217
Ant42
Scholar

I was told by Now TV chat yesterday that even though I'm currently subscribed (I made the mistake of accepting last month's £20 for 6 months offer) I will still receive the £18.99 offer email within the next few days. Apparently I can then cancel my current subscription and accept the new emailed offer.

However, going by my previous experience with Now TV support, I'm not very confident that any of that will turn out to be true. My assumption was that I hadn't (and still haven't) received the new offer email as I have an active subscription.

Maybe they're right, but if not I guess I'll stick with my 6 month deal and cancel when it expires in August. Hopefully they'll be able to persuade me to stick around with a good enough retention offer at that point.

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Ant42 Hmm, keep us posted, that seems highly implausible. 

Gamer
Advocate

I have had a sports subscription for the past few years and have not received the email offer either. When I spoke to the live chat on Saturday I was told to just keep an eye on my emails or the website for it. 

I am not getting my hopes up it will come. Might ask again closer to the time. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User have you received an offer email then?

I had the f1 pass last year and cancelled immediately after the season, no email yet for me.

Looks like it'll be the VPN option this year, can't justify £34 a month.

UncleZen
Scholar 2

@Anonymous User I'd be interested to know what the VPN "option" is/are. PM me details if its not for public consumption, thanks

redchiz1
Champion 2

@UncleZen It will be the same as any other VPN "option." You pay a VPN service which pretends you are in a foreign country; sign up to whatever carrier that country is licensed to show F1 live using local currency; enjoy circumventing geo-restrictions. 🤨

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User  No not by email it was on Now's site via a chat window.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User  Gotcha thanks.

Just to add to the confusion....

I reached out to NowTV via chat and was told that I had in fact been sent the email, but that there had been an error so they couldn't open it (and I never received it)... they did however manage to find me a 12 months for £20 per month code... so they do exist, just in case anyone wants to give it a shot. It seems not having the email doesn't mean they didn't try to send it to you! In which case you can get 12 months for £20 per month.

£20 a month is basically the max I'm willing to pay. @UncleZen As correctly guessed further up, the VPN option works out at about £100 per year and involves breaching the F1TV Pro Ts&Cs which means they could terminate your account and you get no refund etc. Fair game if you're up for it in my view.

There are other sporting events throughout the year I like to be able to watch so £20pm is fine for me overall. £34pm is daylight robbery and we only have ourselves to blame... if no one paid it they'd drop the price! (F1 offer is a perfect case in point, they play chicken with us every year).

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Anonymous User I think most people would be content with £20 a month for a year, nice one. 🙂

UncleZen
Scholar 2

I'm wondering if I should jump back onto the chat system tomorrow and see if they have a 9 month pass for £20/m, or hope that after 6m I can get a 3m pass for a sensible price.