cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saskia
Scholar

F1 2022 season voucher

Love F1 and hoping to hear soon that NOW TV will offer a 2022 season voucher for all of the races which they did prior to covid. 

217 Replies
redchiz1
Elite 2

The reason Sky don't offer a separate F1 package is that few people would pay the ludicrous amount it would cost to cover that on a standalone basis. How much do you reckon for the Azerbaijan GP when Mercedes/Hamilton already have an almost unassailable lead? How many viewers?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Kenjara 

Sky used to offer single channels for sport for a brief period a few years ago. However that was then ditched to all sports channels or nothing at all. 

It's no surprise to hear and see prices of the Sports memberships being complained about, that being said full price Sports is shocking. Even discounts I can't justify it. 

When you think about it if you don't have EE mobile or BT broadband the cost of BT sport is just silly also at £25+

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
redchiz1
Elite 2

@SweetBlitz I have seen a similar email, but only a Claim your offer link, not a voucher code, is yours different?

redchiz1
Elite 2

Thanks @SweetBlitz,but not seeing that here at all, I guess it is not transferable?

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

All links/codes are fully transferable 😉   I have one left if anyone wants it. 

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Sky used to offer single channels for sport for a brief period a few years ago. However that was then ditched to all sports channels or nothing at all. 

I think the difference was only £2/month and many decided the saving was not worthwhile.  Also Now would have to have had passes for every main sport (Football, Cricket, Golf) which would be impractical.  As an aside, the first race is normally broadcast on Sky Max (formerly Sky One) and last race was on channel 4 last year.  FWIW I thought the odd week pass was more useful than a season pass for F1. Shame it was discontinued.

I suspect there will be a sports offer in early March.  £15/month is enough for me.

redchiz1
Elite 2

Apropos my own "problem," I now believe that this is because I have an existing offer in place, would that be right?

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Yes, if you have an offer in place you can't take this one up on the same account.  However just use another account if need be. Currently I have two £1/month entertainment offers running concurrently on 2 separate accounts.

redchiz1
Elite 2

Aha, thanks. But I don't want to do that just for this purpose, let alone I would have to take a separate Boost to use it as I wish. 

Does anyone know, if I cancel my current Sports membership, discount and all, with less than 30 days to go, whether that would then free up my account for the new offer?

redchiz1
Elite 2

Forget it, I have found out for myself and the answer is "no." Thanks for all the suggestions anyway. 

Saskia
Scholar

Ok, so I asked NOW the question if I accepted the 6 mth contract @£20 and another offer came along for just F1 at a lower price, could I swap and this was there polite answer, although I’m not sure if this would incur any cancellation charges >

“Apologies for the delay in response.

I'd like to inform you that you can purchase the offer for NOW Sports Month Membership however if you wish to apply the other offer then you will need to cancel the current offer applied with immediate effect by contacting us and then you can purchase the other offer on the account”.

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

It is NOT a 6 month contract.  You can cancel after a month if you like. No additional charges. The only problem is you can not apply another offer until the membership ends.

Saskia
Scholar

Correct, it is a 6 mth OFFER!

RoyB
Legend

@Saskia @SweetBlitz @redchiz1 

Hence Live Chat’s careful wording.

While you have an offer of six months at £20 a month, you can cancel at any time, but your latest month will continue to what would have been your next payment date, and until that date is reached, prevent you taking up any alternative offer.

Which won’t matter if the window for an F1 offer extends beyond that date; you just have to wait a bit before you can sign up.

But it will matter if the window closes before that date, and so you would need to ask Live Chat to super-cancel your membership with immediate effect, so perhaps forfeiting a few days of your last month, but enabling you to take up the F1 offer within the window,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Elite 2

Thanks @RoyB I think that covers my current position also, appreciate the advice. 👍

Bamboozled
Scholar

Has anyone got a link to 6 months at £20 please .... it would be better than 6 months at £ 33.99

Cheers Wolfie

redchiz1
Elite 2

@Bamboozled I think that offer may have expired. Always worth a chat with the customer services team though.

EDIT: Correction, I don't believe there is such an offer other than that people have secured a deal to that effect. There was an offer for £14.99 a month for three months emailed to selected customers, hence my confusion. 

Saskia
Scholar

It expires at 23:59 tonight 20/2.

I have just activated the email sent to me and it went straight to my account so sorry, no actual link as such to pass on but contact NOW via their chat and ask them about the 6 mth offer @£20. Good luck

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

@Bamboozled see your private messages.  Offer ends midnight tonight ( 20 feb )

Bamboozled
Scholar

Hi and thanks very much for sending me PM

Unfortunately I had a bit of a doggy crisis (he is approaching but won't make 19) so I didn't see any emails from early afternoon

So of course I missed your PM and was really disappointed as you had gone to the trouble of trying to help me. 6 months at £20 would beat the pants off same 6 months at £ 33.99 !

Looking at the wording though it looks like I would have to not be a subscriber to take up the offer though I have in the past signed up for the Pass that covered most of F1. Season without a hitch so will have to watch to see if anything pops up

Thanks again for all the help ... pity I couldn't cash in as 33.99 is getting a burden lol

All the best JT

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

https://www.nowtv.com/offers

Sky Sports currently £25/month for 3 months