cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Expired Pass

I bought some older boxes from Argos. These had the 4 month movie passes. I used a couple this year but then the other 3 codes wont work. I contacted Now TV who said they were 'expired' in May this year. even though I have the phsical cards they are saying that I need to claim off Argos not them. I explained that they have never been used and have no expiry date on them. Any ideas on my next move? Cheers Gordon

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Its very possible that Argos had them on offer because they were close to the voucher expiry date.  If you have used one or more of these for 4 months then they would have been activated before the expiry date.  The only way you would have any option for a refund is if the boxes do not show any expiry or activate by date.  If they do - you've had it.  If they dont - you can return them to Argos with your receipt, but, your receipt will have to be dated within their fault return policy.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been buying these boxes from Argos, Tesco and Sainsbury for a very long time now and have never seen an expiy date or activate by date on thebox.  I am having the same problem with this right now.  They want a receipt of purchace and that is a digital one from Argos, my PC had to be reset due to a problem in April, so had to reinstall from scratch, losing all of my data.  I think that if now tv say that you must use these within a year an expiry date should be mandatory otherwise the item is unfit for purpose and that's now tvs fault.  I bought mine in October and have the purchase on my credit card but it does not display the item, just the price paid and the date.  I will fight this through trading standards if it is not resolved, I don't want  a refund I want my voucher validated.  Not having a contact telephone number exacerbates the problem and creates obstruction and stress.

nowswaish
Scholar 3

I am having the same issue. Bough a Black box with a 6 month entertainment voucher a couple of month ago from Argos online shop. Dont have a receipt. Wen to apply the voucher and it comes back with "Offer has ended". There is no expirery date on the box or the voucher. I can find no infomation on the NOW TV site about this. Not impressed! 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@nowswaish There used to be small print on the packaging that stated the code was valid for 12 months but I don't know if that's changed since. Best thing to do is pop onto live chat and see if they can help. You can send the NOW TV Team a message or get to live chat from the Contact Us page

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

(expand the Anything Else section at the bottom for options)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the exact same issue with a box bought from Argos in October last year... I always assumed the passes were good for 12 months... it seems not. But there is no expiry date anywhere on the packaging.

I do have an e-mail reciept from Argos... has anyone managed to successfully get their pass extended or get heir money back from these?

nowswaish
Scholar 3

Sorted, live chat was very helpful. Gave them the pass number, box serial number and copy of receipt from Argos online (found I had scanned it) and pass applied. 

Whilst the package may say valid for twelve months or whatever it does not say from when! Most would take it as being from date of purchase.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello All,

Yheah another one here, purchased from Argos/Tesco and now invalid but online chat insist on proof of purchase.

So will see if I can dig out old receipts and forward those to help at nowtv dot com.  No expiry date on the vouchers.

Regards,

lovebuguk
Scholar

ummm i wonder if this is the case for me got a 3 mouth entertainment  pass from game download code and its useless and makes me wonder if sent a new code that will be the same useless i wonder if nowtv can shead some light on this and if stores are selling out of date passes.