cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Existing customer 12 month cinema code and stick. Code not working.

Existing customer bought the  Black Friday stick & 12 month cinema pass.  I've already got a cinema pass which expires on the 28th December(already cancelled). Went to set up the stick and pass and the code on the tv. Everything fine until the final stage which asked me to enter a code displayed on the tv screen by going to the now tv website on my laptop and entering the code there.  Couldn't do as I already had an existing pass and I had to wait until 30 days of the expiry date before adding it.

Just gone to add it and it's now not recognising the code.   Could try again tomorrow but as it's now not recognising the code don't now if that will work.

Any ideas please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The code shown on your TV screen when setting up the stick needs to be entered on the nowtv.com/tv webpage within 9 minutes, otherwise the code on your TV screen will auto refresh to a new code where you will have to start the procedure again.

When you go to the nowtv.com/tv webpage with your PC or mobile browser make sure you type in the browse URL https address bar and not the browser search engine and your browser doesn't auto correct to a different nowtv webpage (it needs to be nowtv.com/tv).

Once the stick is activated, you should be then able to go to My Account > Passes & Vouchers on here and at the top of the screen there should be a message saying "Vouchers Waiting for You" click on it and a new screen will appear which will show your Vouchers to redeem or will be available to redeem once you are within 30 days remaining on an existing offer.

See these two screen shots taken form my My Account has an example.

stick vouchers.PNG

stick vouchers waiting for you.PNG

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have no ideas but this same thing has happened to me.

Bought the black Friday offer with the stick which arrived today and when entering states there is an error.

I had the entertainment monthly pass which ran out today, and I also have the monthly pass for cinema which runs out next Saturday - I'm wondering if this is the reason I cannot enter my code? 

Can anyone help?  

TIA

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

What does the error message say on screen when you try setting up your new nowtv stick with the pre loaded voucher codes on them ?

Have a read of this linked article to see if it helps in anyway.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/set-up-your-now-tv-smart-stick

Anonymous User
Not applicable
The error message says

Hmmm we do not seem to recongnise the code, please re-enter and try again.

I tried again, and it didn't work. Then waited for a new code to appear which also didn't work.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you are struggling to get past the setup and activation stage of your new stick by following the on screen instructions on your television set and have tried a different internet browser on your PC or smartphone with the ad blocker disabled when going to nowtv.com/tv

Then i would jump over to live chat for further assistance.

Link here to live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The code shown on your TV screen when setting up the stick needs to be entered on the nowtv.com/tv webpage within 9 minutes, otherwise the code on your TV screen will auto refresh to a new code where you will have to start the procedure again.

When you go to the nowtv.com/tv webpage with your PC or mobile browser make sure you type in the browse URL https address bar and not the browser search engine and your browser doesn't auto correct to a different nowtv webpage (it needs to be nowtv.com/tv).

Once the stick is activated, you should be then able to go to My Account > Passes & Vouchers on here and at the top of the screen there should be a message saying "Vouchers Waiting for You" click on it and a new screen will appear which will show your Vouchers to redeem or will be available to redeem once you are within 30 days remaining on an existing offer.

See these two screen shots taken form my My Account has an example.

stick vouchers.PNG

stick vouchers waiting for you.PNG

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank-you. Just gone to that screen and there's the voucher there waiting for me.