cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error 288

Getting this error when trying to log in to now tv members area on my BT line via pc.

It works fine on my phones 4G

help !

6 REPLIES 6
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Getting this error when trying to log in to now tv members area on my BT line via pc.

It works fine on my phones 4G

help !

Hi @Anonymous User Are you using a VPN or anything? What browser are you using? Thank you.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Tony-D @Anonymous User

I also encountered this error yesterday afternoon when attempting to sign into the nowtv website to use the forum / check my account.

Tried on my Windows 10 tablet with ME, IE and Fire Fox together with my Android phone using Chrome.

The error message that i seemed to be getting was Sky ID error 288, where i don't use Sky ID on my log in details.

My ISP is NowTV using Hub 2 Router and no VPN service.

Didn't have any problems watching NowTV on my smart box whilst the 288 error was happening.

For me it took about 2 to 3 hours for the error to disappear on it's own accord (tried rebooting and factory resetting router with no luck).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the exact problem! For 4 weeks now! I even took my now tv stick and replaced it with a new one as I thought it was the stick, it only works on my phone via 4G. Can’t even sign into now either, and can’t seem to talk to someone to resolve this problem, as I’m paying for something I can’t even use and the fact that I’ve hardly had any reply from someone through now tv or any help. Im not happy 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

One thing i didn't try yesterday afternoon because i was watching some stuff on my nowtv smart box and didn't want to disconnect the internet in my house was possibly try switching off the power to your router for 20 minutes to let it acquire a new IP address to see if that had any bearing on error 288.

Might be worth a shot if you don't mind switching off the router for about 20 minutes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm also having same issue I had made a post a few posts down from this one when on virgin WiFi everything works eg Netflix bbc iplayer so three is nothing woeong with the Internet or WiFi everything is ok apart from the now tv app on my phone, xbox and now tv stick it says unable to load sign in page or 288 when on WiFi when I use my phone 4g it works fine  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was using a VPN....I couldnt get through to NOW at all....Switched my VPN off and tried again and straight on to NOW website...

I've now switched the VPN back on and it has still allowed me to edit my post to add this comment.

I logged out of NOW, switched my VPN back on and it wont let me sign in.....Everytime I need to sign in(which will only be when I need to cancel a pass)....I will have to turn off my VPN before trying...Cant understand why as I'm using a UK server...

This could be my first....and last post....Hope it helps someone..