cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BananaGirl
Mentor

Entertainment

I have the offer of 3 months for £5.99pm.. can I, if required, cancel after one month, therefore just paying £5.99? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@BananaGirl 

Head onto live chat to speak with staff. 
Make sure to click “chat online” within the green box and don’t hit “get help quicker” as this is a bot.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RoyB
Legend

@BananaGirl 

Probably, but we would need to see the offer to be sure, as Now has started having some deals that lock you into a minimum term longer than a month.

Can you post a link to, or screenshot of, the offer, or quote from the email if it was by email, taking care not to show any personal details?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
BananaGirl
Mentor

Can’t attach screen shot… the deal is £5.99 per month for three months…  says can cancel at anytime, doesn’t say it has to be paid upfront. Ambiguous.

RoyB
Legend

@BananaGirl 

Based on that, you can cancel before the three months is up.

If you don’t cancel at any point, Now will take £5.99 upfront when you take out the membership, and then £5.99 on the same date in the next month, and then £5.99 on that date a month after that, for the third month, And a month after that, an unspecified amount for the. fourth month, whatever the regular price for the membership is. and so on for the subsequent months of membership.

If you cancel at any point, then your membership continues to run until the end of your month (the day before Now would have taken the next payment) and then stops, with no further payments being taken. And, therefore, with no refund being due, as you always get the month you just paid for, when you cancel during it.

Hopefully, any ambiguity is now resolved?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
BananaGirl
Mentor

Is there seriously nobody from the company I can email/ ask?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@BananaGirl 

Head onto live chat to speak with staff. 
Make sure to click “chat online” within the green box and don’t hit “get help quicker” as this is a bot.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help