cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Entertainment passes

Any one bought entertainment passes recently? Recommend a good supplier? I used to buy from Amazon but it seems that the pass duration is going down (6months down to 5, now down to 4 and 3 months seems to be going down to 2?) and the sellers seem a bit dubious. Are Sky phasing out multi-month passes to make us all pay the £7.99 a month?

5 REPLIES 5
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Depends what sort of price you are looking at. Buying a box with a bundled code isn't usually a cheap way now uunless you actually want the box and factor that in. You can still buy the gift cards direct from authorised retailers for the equivalent of £5pm, PayPal Digital Gifts is as good a place as any as they will email the code to you

https://www.paypal-gifts.com/uk/

you could also see if you are offered any better discounts when you go to cancel the pass online.

Otherwise if you want cheaper prices you would need to go with third-party sellers on Amazon/eBay. I don't buy via this method so can't suggest any sellers, sorry.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy,

Thanks for this. It wasn't the prices that concerned me, as you say they work out at about £5/month, which is great- it was more the sellers on Amazon, they seemed a bit "iffy" and there were several reviews claiming that the codes were rejected when buyers tried to enter them. The other thing that worried me was the steady decline in the length of passes being offered, the longest now seem to be four months rather than the previous six and then five. Wondered if Sky were phasing out the passes?

Thanks again.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I don't think they're phasing out the vouchers, but they were overly generous with the passes bundled in boxes to start with. I think now the brand is more established they've just scaled the allocation back to a lower level for business reasons (ie get people buying passes sooner). 

Geluk
Expert 2

Seems to me they should offer existing customers a deal for 12 month pass when their

current one (2,3, 5 or 6 month) expires.

In my view would be an excellent way of improving customer retention, especially

with likes of Amazon, Netflix, the K box.

Much cheaper to nourish existing clients rather than NOWTV constantly promoting itself to acquire new customers, at a considerable £cost£.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Totally agree Geluk. Now TV's model of no contract is good but surely it makes more business sense to offer existing customers 6 or 12 month passes at a discount on the normal monthly rate? It guaruntees Now TV income from the customer rather than people dipping in and out a month at a time. It seems that Now TV's business model is to hope that exisiting customers will be inert enough to just let the £8/month rolling charge carry on and not look for better deals.