cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Entertainment pass not working

So I've got the TV stick with the one month pass, activated it on my laptop and confirmed active in my account but its not recgonised on my TV! No idea what to do now.....

The help section is absolutely useless!!

Any suggestions appreaciated 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What Smart TV or external device have you got hooked up to your TV ?

If it is a Youview box and you are using the NowTV App on it, then the Youview platform only currently supports on demand movies via a NowTV Cinema pass, hence the reason you can't see any nowtv entertainment content or use your nowtv entertainment pass on it.

More info here on ways to watch nowtv.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What Smart TV or external device have you got hooked up to your TV ?

If it is a Youview box and you are using the NowTV App on it, then the Youview platform only currently supports on demand movies via a NowTV Cinema pass, hence the reason you can't see any nowtv entertainment content or use your nowtv entertainment pass on it.

More info here on ways to watch nowtv.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for reply and link will check it out! I've got a Sony Bravia smart TV which the stick seems to be working fine with...except it won't link with my pass on my account Smiley Sad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No help there I'm afraid...I'm completely stumped Woman Sad

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The nowtv stick should work with any TV with a HDMI port including your Sony TV with a stable wifi internet connection of 2.5mb or higher.

I am assuming you have already setup and activated your NowTV stick on your account by following these instructions ?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/set-up-your-now-tv-smart-stick

When you try to watch any entertainment content via the stick nowtv App does it ask to buy an entertainment pass ?

If so go to the stick NowTV App under the My Account section and take a note of your email address used.

Then go to the nowtv website on here and make sure using the same account log in details it shows your entertainment pass has been activated by selecting My Account > Passes & Vouchers.

If the entertainment pass is not showing active, then scroll towards the top of the screen page to see if there is a link to redeem and start your entertainment voucher that came with the stick.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the very same issue and i was not made aware of that this 3 month pass for GOT would not show on NowTV BT Youview when i signed up for the 3 months entertainment pass to watch the whole series. I would not have purchased it otherwise if it could not be activated on my TV.

My account says i can add up to 6 devices but it only adds my PC which was the device i used when signing up and activating my NowTV account.

The sales of this pass was misleading and appears to be a scam to cash in and rip off Game Of Thrones regular viewers like myself.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just bought a new smart stick which comes with a free subscription to entertainment pass for 2 months but the code is not recognized?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When you say the code wasn't recognised was that the six digit code shown on your TV screen when you switched on the stick ?

If so did you go to this webpage linked below (assuming you are a UK customer not Republic of Ireland based customer) where from the link using your smartphone or PC internet browser you typed in the code in the box that was shown off your television screen.

https://www.nowtv.com/gb/tv

Or was there a paper scratch card voucher code inside the stick box inner packing and the voucher code didn't work when manually applying the code under My Account > Passes & Vouchers on here next to the entertainment pass section ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

smart stick