cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Entertainment & cinema pass

We have just joined and wanted to get the 6 month deal at 49.99 and have paid a credit into our account, but we seem unable to pay as it keeps saying there is a problem - everything appears correct, but we can’t talk to anyone so any help appreciated. Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Viki

First, I'm not Now TV, just a customer like you.

Second, this forum is primarily customers helping other customer, the Now TV Team do pop in from time to time but it is only occasionally.

That said, the info you have supplied is very sparse and so I'm going to have to do a kind of "best guess".

OK, you said, "...have paid a credit into our account...", so what kind of account is it? For example, is it a standard MasterCard or Visa credit card, bank debit card or some other new type card.

I far as I understand, Now TV does accept all traditional cards but also that they have problems with some of the newer types, i.e. they don't accept all of them.

However, it might be a good idea that you contact Now TV's Live Text Chat on the following URL:

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Hope this helps.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for replying so quickly, we used Tesco vouchers to gain the credit and our account is showing that we have credited the value of £51 (ie above that needed for the package) but every time we hit “pay” it just throws us out and says there is a problem....

so I am not convinced that it is a credit card issue as the account has registered the payment - apologies if that was unclear earlier. 
I keep trying the online chat, but it keeps saying this is not available - I assume due to demand?

Hence why I came on here to see if anyone could assist in case I was just doing something stupid, but as far as I can tell it appears all correct.

Any assistance appreciated, only a couple of days in and the kids are going for it 😀

thank you

Vicki

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi again Viki

I now understand what your problem is, you have £51.00 worth of Tesco vouchers in your Now TV account but nothing else.

If that is the case then you will have to register a credit or debit card in your Now TV account in order for everything to work, the system will not work when just pre-loaded with Tesco vouchers.

For example, my own Now TV account is pre-loaded with a years worth of Entertainment vouchers but I must still have my card payment details registered as well otherwise I would not be able to watch anything on Now TV, i.e. it just would not work.

Therefore Viki, without a credit or debit card you will not get access to Now TV. Plus, once you've register your card, remember to put in a secret PIN to safeguard your Now TV account from friends or family members purchasing stuff without your knowledge.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks again,

We have also got our card details on the system when we set it up for use afterwards if we liked the six month deal - however it will still not allow us to take up the deal?

I followed your advice and followed your link and wrote to Nowtv but have still not heard anything from them.

Beginning to lose the will to live with this, so again any help really appreciated.

Thanks again
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi again Viki

This seems to be a difficult one, OK then, lets go through what we know:

1) You have a valid Now TV account with a traditional credit or debit card installed.

2) You have 6 months worth of pre-loaded Entertainment and, I presume, Cinema vouchers.

3) You also have £52.00 worth of Tesco shopping vouchers in your Now TV account.

If all the above are correct then, theoretically, your Now TV account should work and allow you access to Now TV.

I've re-read your first post and I think this is the following problem:-

The £49.99 deal is usually for first-time customers only but it seems you have already added your £52.00 worth of Tesco shopping vouchers into your Now TV account.

So, because you've added the shopping vouchers already the Now TV system does not see you as a first-time customer and so will not allow you to access the £49.99 deal.

The only way to untangle this problem is via Now TV's Live Text Chat but  unfortunately Corona has other plans.

I would suggest that you keep hold of the "deal details", by taking a screen print along with noting your joining dates, etc., and when you get the opportunity explain to Now TV what went wrong and that you would still like the deal that you originally signed on for.

I hope this helps but if not directly now then when Corona is a soon forgotten memory.

Good Luck.

UK Bob