cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Entertainment Pass Will Not Register

I was bought an entertainment pass as a gift.

I have a code which it says expires on 30 March so the system will not accept it as I'm currently on an offer which doesn't expire until the summer.

When this has happened in the past, I've used LiveChat and an operator has added the voucher for me.

At present, there is no LiveChat.  No Email Option and I'm stuck as to how to proceed.

I can't believe I can't contact anyone?

Can someone advise me please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

thankfully trying again with my voucher code for the 6-month Entertainment Pass has paid off today! Any old offers NowTV were trying to push me for renewing the ongoing cancelled pass must have automatically cleared once I hit the end of the existing pass on the 28th March.

Now it's just "wait & see" time on what NowTV do compensate those of us with prepaid offer passes for multiple months of Sky Sports (my pass runs until mid-July). Hopefully we'll get free passes to cover the time where there's been no live sport, especially since Sky have allowed their subscribers to pause their subscriptions.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
gb2000
Scholar

There won't be any Live Chat for the foreseeable future. NowTV uses a call centre based in India to handle Live Chat, and as of today the whole of India is in full lockdown - nobody is allowed out. This is for the next 21 days, so there will be no way to ask anyone what to do.

Outsourcing... well, it seemed like a good idea at the time...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for letting me know.   Now I shall stop checking every day to see if it works.

Wouldn't it be nice just to have a message which tells subscribers it's not working at this time?  None of us would mind.  Communication is key. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I currently have a pretty similar problem- I've received an offer code for a free 6-month Entertainment pass from Confused.com Rewards for buying car insurance via their comparison site, but NowTV won't let me apply it & because the site says I have an existing offer ongoing. The only other pass I have is a Sports one which I bought as the "Football Season Ticket" deal direct from Now TV, which won't end until July, which is a lot more than 30 days after this Entertainment pass offer code expires (the code expires at the end of March)! Must admit I don't really understand why having an existing & paid for deal on my sports pass should have such an effect on applying an offer for an Entertainment pass, especially when NowTV themselves keep trying to entice me with various half-price lengthy deals for their Movies pass.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agreed... On all counts.

It would be easy to just accept the code and continue the offer to incorporate it.  However, it's much more lucrative not to and work on the apathy of the customer who may have forgotten by the time the offer could be added.  However, the vouchers are also time-limited, so mine will have expired. 

These are unprecedented times.  I will not forget and will contact when the service is actually providing a service again and ask for manual input of the voucher.

Having worked in a call centre myself in he past and worked LiveChat from home (which you can do easily with Internet connection), I find it odd that a) There is no LiveChat and b) There was not a simple message, and still isn't put onsite to state that currently there is no way to contact NowTV. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thankfully trying again with my voucher code for the 6-month Entertainment Pass has paid off today! Any old offers NowTV were trying to push me for renewing the ongoing cancelled pass must have automatically cleared once I hit the end of the existing pass on the 28th March.

Now it's just "wait & see" time on what NowTV do compensate those of us with prepaid offer passes for multiple months of Sky Sports (my pass runs until mid-July). Hopefully we'll get free passes to cover the time where there's been no live sport, especially since Sky have allowed their subscribers to pause their subscriptions.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's great.  Sadly mine still won't work. A definite wait and see for me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here. I'm at home working via PC & live Chat can be done on a phone so shutting down their systems completely is no help and could be avoided.

I have problems with the player isn't working error far too often and now this withdrawal of support for customers is not filling me with any hope.

I guess they are happy to take out money without providing any kind of service.

We are all affected by lockdown, most of our companies are trying to find a way around it, rather than just ignoring customers.

I would hope they offer everyone a couple of free months at the end of this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agreed.  Luckily I don't have any connectivity issues.  The only option seems to be to cancel the pass until some kind of service is resumed!

The only communication I keep getting are emails with badges telling me I'm moving up in the community and am now mentor?  All automated which is rather annoying as I can't get help with any issues.  And I have not desire to be a mentor! ;o)

Hope your situation gets sorted.