Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Email regarding passes

Hello

I've just had an email from NOW Tv saying:

But as a thank-you for choosing NOW TV, we’re giving you a fantastic new offer: 6 months of Sky Cinema Month Pass for just £5.99pm (instead of £11.99).

You don’t need to do a thing – we’ve already applied this offer to your account, so you can sit back, relax and enjoy your NOW TV Pass. At the end of your offer, your Sky Cinema Month Pass will continue at £11.99 a month unless cancelled.

I'm not sure whether I'll be continuing watching after the 28th of December. If I cancel my pass on the 28th of December does that mean I won't have to pay anything else.

Thanks

Nezzac

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I haven't seen this particular email offer myself, but normally with a rolling monthly NowTV offer you can cancel anytime during when the offer is on your account.

Maybe have a read of the small print of the email offer if it says anything about cancelling.

Should you cancel during the offer then usually you can keep watching up until the next scheduled monthly due payment date before you cancelled.

When cancelling make sure you cancel the pass fully (usually four stage steps on screen until the cancelled message normally in red text showing next to your pass).

Also if you cancel the monthly offer and decide to restart the offer you normally need to do it during the same month, otherwise you will lose the offer should you wish to restart the offer in a few months time.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I haven't seen this particular email offer myself, but normally with a rolling monthly NowTV offer you can cancel anytime during when the offer is on your account.

Maybe have a read of the small print of the email offer if it says anything about cancelling.

Should you cancel during the offer then usually you can keep watching up until the next scheduled monthly due payment date before you cancelled.

When cancelling make sure you cancel the pass fully (usually four stage steps on screen until the cancelled message normally in red text showing next to your pass).

Also if you cancel the monthly offer and decide to restart the offer you normally need to do it during the same month, otherwise you will lose the offer should you wish to restart the offer in a few months time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks a lot,😀 @schnapps 

Saint1976
Elite 3

Well that's dangerous territory for NowTV. Imagine if you don't see the email. 6 months later you get charged without knowing you had an active pass!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Saint1976 

I have flagged this up before to the NowTV Community Manager where i was concerned about this myself.

Trying to find the thread, plus the official response and reply from NowTV with my concerns.

Having trouble finding it at the moment.

Maybe @Simon-J  or @Karl-F  NowTV Community Managers can chip in here because i can't remember who responded (unless it was Jason-C ?).