cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Email offer of half price movies fake or fact. Ive had an email offer of half price movies ?

An email offer says I can claim half price movie subscription but my account features no offers. Is it a scam?

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sometimes NOW will email customers who don't have an active TV Membership on a certain Membership a discount offer (even if there is nothing showing under Exclusive Offers for You on your online account).

The email sometimes mentions "Mission Control" on a NOW official email heading or mission control is part of the email address that was sent.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Does it describe how you should take up the offer?

Does this require you to divulge any personal or financial details that Now themselves should already have, or to visit a web address that is not part of NowTV.com?

Scams usually aim for one or the other, or for both.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No you don't divulge any information because to get the offer you have to sign into your NOW account and view the offer or offers, then you accept it from there. I've used the offers myself.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've used the email offer of half price film and entertainment packages by email for years now.  In fact I'm using the boost feature, sports, entertainment and film offers right now, until it runs out in August. I've never had a problem using the link on the email to get the offer they've advertised.