cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Game Changing Sports offer include Boost?

Hi, I have completed NOW TV surveys before and offered my concerns with regard to the Boost charge. I received an emailed offer today promoting a Game Changing Sports offer but there is no mention of Boost at all anywhere in the offer. I'm quite happy to have adverts and I'm only looking to view on one device, just want the HD and audio quality without the added cost.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@HDwithoutBoost 

Boost is a completely separate "membership". This is defaulted to £5 unless cancelled. 

Currently I am paying £2 for it until February. 

If its not mentioned in the offer, then you will need to take it out separately for £5. Which you can play the "cancel" game where you are 9/10 offered discounted prices for the membership. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@HDwithoutBoost 

Boost is a completely separate "membership". This is defaulted to £5 unless cancelled. 

Currently I am paying £2 for it until February. 

If its not mentioned in the offer, then you will need to take it out separately for £5. Which you can play the "cancel" game where you are 9/10 offered discounted prices for the membership. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

Hi, thanks for the help, I might take your advice

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @HDwithoutBoost 

I haven't seen this email offer myself, but my guess the NOW Boost would need the extra Membership over the Sports Membership deal you was offered to get 1080p HD and other Boost benefits (might be wrong though especially if the email Sports offer is only for a month or so).

Is there anything in the email small print about Boost ?

Perhaps drop NOW an email asking the question directly to them by using the email address on this screen shot below.

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg

Thanks @schnapps I'll give them a go, much obliged

starman73
Elite

No Boost.  You get the ads on the live channels regardless

NOW Sports Membership offer, £9.99 a month for 1 month: Offer ends 30/09/2022. 70% saving is against the price of the NOW Sports Membership at full price (£33.99 a month). Offer valid for the named recipient of this email only. Voucher code entitles recipient to a NOW Sports Membership for £9.99 per month for 1 month. Membership auto renews at standard price after 1 month unless cancelled (currently £33.99 a month). You can cancel anytime. Offer not available to customers with a NOW Sports Membership, unless you are in the last 30 days of your offer. Offer lost if you cancel your NOW Sports Membership before the last month of the offer period. One offer code per person and can only be used once. 

However, you can get Boost for £1 if you have this email...

Offer available to the named recipient of this email only and ends 29/09/2022 at 11:59pm.

2 months Cinema Membership for £1 a month. Membership auto renews at standard price after 2 months unless cancelled (currently: Cinema Membership is £9.99 a month). You can cancel anytime. Offer not available to existing members with an active Cinema Membership unless you are in the last 30 days of your offer. Offer lost if you cancel your membership before the end of the offer period.

1 month NOW Boost for free. Boost auto renews at standard price after 1 month unless cancelled (currently: Boost is £5 a month). You can cancel anytime. Offer not available to existing members with an active Boost add-on unless you are in the last 30 days of your offer.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@starman73 interesting that my email offer is different to yours - £19.99 a month for 6 months! I've never known Now to send different offers at the same time!

Screenshot_20220929-152038.jpg

@Saint1976that's my offer too. Might just have to go for the cancel option and see what happens

starman73
Elite

Screenshot_20220930-004847.png

£9.99 for 1 month for me, but with no football between 12th November and 31st December, ordinarily that would be fine for me.  However I got an offer I couldn't refuse from Virgin...

RoyB
Legend

@Saint1976 wrote:

@starman73 interesting that my email offer is different to yours - £19.99 a month for 6 months! I've never known Now to send different offers at the same time

@Saint1976 

We’ve seen Now make different offers to different users in response to their clicking on the exact same link, in the same time frame. Somehow based on the Now browser cookies held for each user.

With the result that a long-time and loyal user got a better offer by opening a new browser and clicking the link than he got using his regular browser.

Not exactly the sort of thing that gives you warm and fuzzies…. 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.