cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do shop bought vouchers expire?

Hi.  I have just purchased 2 month passes for Now TV Entertainment and Now TV Cinema.  I haven't applied them yet, and today I got two emails from Now TV saying they had applied 6 month pass offers to Entertainment and Cinema which are actually really good offers that work out slightly cheaper than the passes I have bought (£7.19 pm for Cinema, £4.99 for Entertainment). 

I would therefore like to allow this to happen.  My question is, can I hold on to my passes for 6 months time and use them then instead?  I have read everything on the vouchers and there is nothing stating an expiry date for the voucher, so I assume I can just hold on to them for 6 months and then apply them nearer the end of the 6 month offers?

Many thanks

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The NowTV Gift Cards from places like Currys have a 12 month expiry date from date of purchase to add the voucher code to your account.

I believe if you buy the Vouchers from Game UK there is only a 6 month expiry date.

There might be a little headroom to these two above dates, but if you are thinking on getting close to these two dates before adding your vouchers then live chat (hopefully they will be back to normal by then if this coronavirus pandemic is under control) will usually give customers a little more grace if you have proof of the voucher purchase.

I would always recommend keeping both the paper till receipt and voucher scratch card safe until the voucher has been used up on your account.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
chai
Scholar 3

@Anonymous User 

Now TV codes all have an expiry date, but customer services will replace expired codes as long as you can provide them with a legitimate proof of purchase.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There is no date on the voucher I purchased (shop bought from Currys).

If there is an expiry date, surely it's quite long.  Otherwise if a shop has a bunch of them but take a while to sell them, people will have different lengths of time to redeem them.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The NowTV Gift Cards from places like Currys have a 12 month expiry date from date of purchase to add the voucher code to your account.

I believe if you buy the Vouchers from Game UK there is only a 6 month expiry date.

There might be a little headroom to these two above dates, but if you are thinking on getting close to these two dates before adding your vouchers then live chat (hopefully they will be back to normal by then if this coronavirus pandemic is under control) will usually give customers a little more grace if you have proof of the voucher purchase.

I would always recommend keeping both the paper till receipt and voucher scratch card safe until the voucher has been used up on your account.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @schnapps 

I bought these online last week, so have an electronic receipt. 

I would plan on adding them to my account in 6 months from now i.e. towards the end of the 6 months offer Now TV have just sent me. 

My current passes end on 22 April, so assume at that point the Now TV 6 month offer will kick in.  It would be towards the end of this that I would then apply these vouchers i have purchased, so in approximately 6 months time.

If this is ok, then I will hang on to them until then.

Thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Based on what you have said, i reckon you will be fine and once the six month email offer comes to an end within the last 30 days apply the vouchers from Currys.

My understanding is if you do nothing and haven't cancelled your current active running passes then these 6 month offers will automatically kick on the 22nd of April in your particular case.

I haven't actually seen or have any experience of these six month offers myself, but that's my understanding how they work and because they are a rolling monthly discounted payment you need to keep the passes active.

Just keep the Currys receipt safe where i am assuming they also give you an till receipt activation code number together with the NowTV voucher code that normally starts with NOW*********.

Should you have any problems when applying the Currys vouchers then hopefully live chat should help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still paying double what you need to...cinema is £3.99 a month at cdkeys at the moment and theres always passes on amazon/ebay for around the £2 mark for entertainment