cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Currys 2 month Cinema Pass

I recently bought a 2 month cinema pass from Currys (£15) like a gift card. When I tried to redeem it through my NowTv account it wont accept it just keeps

'Hmmm, it looks like that voucher isn't valid yet. Check the start date and try again later.

any ideas? Ive tried inputing it several times over the last two days with no joy. Bought it online through Currys ebay store. It's a legit purchase came with currys receipt etc.

any help appreciated
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Indeed, Now TV has set up the help page for the user to try and resolve it before going to Live Chat. There is a way of finding the Live chat in help, but its not quick. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Try heading onto Live chat. They might be able to help. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the link! I was trying to find how I could access live chat, it wasn't immediately obvious.

thanks

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Indeed, Now TV has set up the help page for the user to try and resolve it before going to Live Chat. There is a way of finding the Live chat in help, but its not quick. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cheers, Really appreciate the help! Got sorted in half an hour despite getting disconnected a couple of times from live chat, they just emailed me a new code once I sent them proof of purchas,e so all sorted. 

Thanks again

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have purchased the same 2 month pass from Curry's and have the same problem. I get the same message everytime I try to activate it. The chat button you gave a link to does not work. How can you resolve a problem if you can't contact anyone? I bought this pass for the Christmas period but with no chance of activating it, it looks like a waste of money.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

yeah, I had a hard time making it work at first, I used a different browser which worked fine, It didnt seem to work in Opera but worked fine in Maxthon browser.

I've just tried the link and its working ok it says:

Available 8am–midnight, 7 days a week.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

it took about 30 seconds before the button started working

There is also a web complaint form you could use if the chat won't work

https://help.nowtv.com/complaints/tv

they aim to reply within 24 hours so if you can't get the chat to work maybe try that?

I'd stick at it because its obviously a problem theyre used to, it didnt take long to sort it out as long as you have proof of purchase and can send them a screen shot or a photo of it. I was exactly the same, bought it for xmas movies so you should be able to get it sorted.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

It’s essential that Curry’s validate the Pass at the moment of purchase (otherwise Curry’s would have to keep them in a locked cabinet, not out on display!).

So when buying Passes, ensure this happens, perhaps save you going on Live Chat.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

And how do you ensure that Currys validate the passes when you purchase them on ebay? Thank you for your pointless reply but there should be live chat available at all times. How else can you resolve the problem?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

But you never said eBay... 😥

However, wherever it comes from, a Pass needs to be validated before it will work.

I’m mystified, though, why you think this is NowTV’s problem, and haven’t gone back to Curry’s with the issue?

As it is entirely possible they have omitted to validate it before sending it out.

Whenever you buy anything, the retailer is responsible if it is faulty, and should be your first port of call.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.